Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More shots of cl. Eden

Posted by armomto3boys 7b (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 14:41

I didn't realize that some have not seen Eden before, plus I thought ya'll might like to see the whole bush. It's going to storm tonight so I figured I'd better get some shots of her now. She is a bit of a monster right now. But she is young. This is her 3rd year in the ground, I bought her in a 2 gal pot. I have just let her do her thing for the most part. I think I will prune and shape her up a little bit after this flush.

I have never sprayed her with anything. I don't have the greatest soil, but I dug out a 2ft hole (maybe a little bigger) and filled with a mixture of soil and potting soil, plus some manure. I feed once or twice a year. (um, I might be a lazy gardener. But I do talk to her every day.) She is on an East facing wall. Everything I've learned about growing roses, I've learned on these forums!

She's a little pinker than normal due to our cooler than normal Spring I guess.

photo DSCN17081024x933_zps0c72cd97.jpg

photo DSCN1706768x1024_zps8d3aace2.jpg

photo DSCN17031024x768_zpsa7c747bc.jpg

photo DSCN17021024x990_zpsdac56de9.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More shots of cl. Eden

Thank you for your bush shots. This rose shines in a group.

o

I'm one of those not familiar with Eden. I see what I have been missing. Sounds like whatever you've been doing is just the ticket. Very beautiful!

o

This is such a gorgeous rose. Really enjoyed your pics. I unfortunately don't have the space for this rose. :(

o

Wow, what a stunning plant. The shot of the whole plant takes my breath away! This cooler spring we have been having has resulted in some darker colors for me too in some roses. Lets hope for a cool summer!

o

Oooooohhhh!!! The bush shot!!!!! Ohhhhhh!!!!
And the blooms are so LARGE!!!
Stunning with a capital S!!
Carol

o

I passed Eden up this year and have regretted it every time I see the gorgeous pictures of her- including your stunning examples!

Already starting a list for next year, with Eden at the top of the list!

o

I wish I had the room for eden, its such a beautiful rose and your photos are gorgeous!

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 19:02

It's magnificent! I love the bush shot too!

o

Ahhh, my favorite rose, up against a spectacular backdrop, in a huge garden. Can it get any better? Thanks for bringing so much enjoyment to us.
Renee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here