Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
the_dark_lady

Half a ton of photos!

the_dark_lady
10 years ago

After posting quite a few garden shots, I decided to show you some of the close-ups. Please enjoy!
Marina

Perennial Blue - outstanding rambler! Sweet fragrance, huge clusters of blooms! Yummy.

A European 'novelty' - Art Nouveau - very ornate

A fragment of a larger flower bed - you can see Three Weddings, Frau Eva Schubert, Rush and Purple Skyliner

Stunning Ferdy! Literally, you can not see the leaves! And, it does rebloom in the fall

Delicate beauty of Astronomia

Ghislaine de Feligonde which is trying to eat an oak tree :)

My beloved Baltimore Belle!

Rosanna, one of the top-performing climbers

A repeat-blooming sister of Raubritter - Angela

Paul Barden's Allegra

Almost missed my Alchymist, it was almost done blooming. Finally, after six years of growing it, I built a nice trellis for it. I hope next spring it will really show off!

Neat, almost perfect flowers of Austin's Lady Salisbury

Star of the Republic is simply stunning this year

Geschwind's Shoenste paired with Lamb's Ears

Breathtaking bloom of Leda

My Pomponella 'on steroids' :)

Yummy colors of Star of the Nile

Oh my! I have so many more, but it's time to stop for now :)
Once again, thank you for looking!
Marina

Comments (27)

• lesmc
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

I just can imagine how beautiful your garden must be with all these blooms!!!! I would love to stroll thru your roses someday....your garden is so lush. Heavenly! Thank you so much for sharing and I`ll be looking for more. Lesley

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

OH--Art Nouveau is wonderful. I want, I want!

And Ghislaine de Feligonde is grand--let her eat up that tree!

And those pics of Alchemist--exquisite! But then, so many of those pics are amazingly beautiful.

And your Pompenella on steroids--I just planted one this spring and hope mine is even half as prolific as yours.

Love 'em all, Marina!

Kate

• inga007
    10 years ago

Love the ready made posies on Perennial Blue .
    The perfume in your garden must be mind blowing.
    Who needs oak trees, with Ghislaine de Feligonde around?
    What a lovely looking rose "bounty."
    Looking forward to the "many more"

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

As usual your roses are stunning, with so many interesting varieties, and great, big blooming bushes and ramblers. Please keep posting, it's such a pleasure.

Ingrid

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

All I can say is, AWESOME!!!!

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Yummy!!! Ferdy and Alchymist are outstanding! I have them both, but still in 1g pots...makes me want to get them in the ground asap! Also your GdF is HUGE!!! I thought mine was big, but its only half the size of yours eating the oak tree (mine is slowly eating my fence).

Lady Salisbury I'm not familiar with, but love it!

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Awed! That's the only word to describe how I feel after seeing these, Marina! You have more blooms on any one of those plants than I can hope for in my whole garden for a whole season!

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

I would love to stroll through your yard, too many beauties to even begin to choose a favorite! I truly envy your collection!
    Completely jealous of your Ghislaine de Feligonde which is trying to eat your oak tree! Stunning!

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Beautiful as always Marina! Love that ART NOUVEAU! And what a gorgeous thing that ALCHEMIST is. Too bad it doesn't repeat, huh?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Only one word says it for me "WOW". I'm a modern rose grower so am not used to seeing the lush beauties of other types in such profusion. The only thing that holds me back is all the deadheading you must have to do. Lots of work I'm sure, But still - WOW!....Maryl

• jktx55
    10 years ago

Thanks for sharing all of these beautiful shots.
    Jack

• zeffyrose
    10 years ago

So many gorgeous roses-----I love your GdeF---it is amazing ---mine doesn't get enough sun but it is still a wonderful rose

Would love to stroll through your garden

Florence

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago

Nice pictures. You have quite a collection there. Thanks for sharing.

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

I don't have enough time to write everything I would like to say, so I will just say a few things. Geschwind's Shoenste paired with Lamb's Ears is a breathtaking combination. Now I will have to copy that. The photo of a large flower bed- ahhhh. Your roses are some of my favorites- and I have never seen them in such profusion before. Alchymist, Pomponella- yours are the prettiest ever. Thank you for the photographs- I will return again and again.
    Renee

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

I was so happy to find this thread to thrill me during our gloom of late November. And I wasn't disappointed in what I found...a fabulous pictorial walk through your garden in its spring flush. I love the lacy masses of flowers in the Three Weddings--Purple Skyliner bed. The roses' frothy blooms blend beautifully with the airy Baby's Breath(?). Ghislaine is a wonder--I think the oak had better surrender to her. And I have to mention Alchymist's arresting color which is incredible. Thanks for the walk, Marina. Can we have another stroll through your glorious garden now that it's so cold and dreary up here in the north? Diane

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

I'm glad Diane found this thread. What a joy to see so many beautiful blooms! I second her request.

• zeffyrose
    10 years ago

Thank you for sharing these glorious roses----the picture with three weddings is wonderful---I wish my GdeF looked like yours-----

thanks again-----Florence

• zeffyrose
    10 years ago

Thank you for sharing these glorious roses----the picture with three weddings is wonderful---I wish my GdeF looked like yours-----

thanks again-----Florence

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

It's hard for me to believe (here in zone 3) that roses can get like that! Your ramblers are gorgeous!!! Such a profusion of blooms!! Seriously well done!
    Caorl

• surya55_gw
    10 years ago

Wow! I am so loving these blooms that I saved the link with all the names in case I have a rose garden one day. What a treat! Please post more of your blooms. Love, love them!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Love 'em, second time around, third time..., 4th time .... : )

Wonder how long it will take my little Ghizy to strut its stuff like yours does! Love those pics.

Kate

• Sophia
    8 years ago

Beautiful roses. I love them all. Thanks for sharing.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    8 years ago

Marina has the most incredible garden. It's a shame that she doesn't seem to be posting any more. I really miss seeing her beautiful roses, of which this is only a small selection.

• bellarosa
    8 years ago

Marina, your roses are stunningly beautiful. Your pic of "Rosanna" made me purchase it - I can only hope that mine will grow up to be as stunning as yours! LOL. Please tell me where you purchased "Ferdy" - another stunning rose!! Actually, all of your roses are beautiful. :-) I also saved this link.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    8 years ago

How on earth did I miss this thread two years ago! It's simply stunning and I am sooooo impressed with the amount of blooms on each and every gorgeous bush!! Your hard work is breath taking. Hope Marina returns and post more stunning pics of her piece of heaven. Judy

• Sheila z8a Rogue Valley OR
    8 years ago

I love these wonderful pictures. What a beautiful garden.

• ozmelodye
    8 years ago

Wish my ' Alchymist' had looked like that! 'Art Nouveau' reminds me a little of 'Leonie Lamesch'.....lovely garden.