Gruss an Aachen

Julia Child

Yves Piaget

Crown Princess Margareta

Trumpeter (with grapevine...

Comments (24)

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oh Masha!! I could almost cry for seeing all that beauty!!!

Your bush shots are out of this world!!! I ordered Jude this year, realizing that most people say it's stingy - but yours is stunningly filled with roses!!!!

Gah, drool!!

Thanks!

I refuse to single out roses that truly appeal to me from your bunch - they're all so, so, beautiful!!!

Thank YOu!!

Carol

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

WOW! Great clear photos and lots and lots of very nice roses! Your roses look great!

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Oooh la la!!! My goodness your flowers are gorgeous! How do you keep Lady Emma from nodding? I have had her for a year now and she weeps that pretty little face most of the time. I have Carding Mill, William S 2000 and Jude new to me this year and can't wait for them to start their show. Thanks for sharing your lovely roses with us, Judy

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

I had to email a link to this page to my mom. She can't use a computer, but this is good enough for her to go get her husband to open the link for her.

Thank you.
    Renee

• sanju
    13 years ago

Unbelievably beautiful! I am totally dumbstruck by the amount of blooms you have on each rose! How do you make them grow like that? I have had WS2000 for 2 years and it has had not more than 4 blooms at a time. How old is yours and how many are in that spot? Can't wait for mine to get to that size (if it ever does). Just love your garden. Thanks for sharing these lovely pictures.
    Sanju

• inga007
    13 years ago

Wonderfullllllllll...

I only wish for "smell_a_vision"

Thank you

• redsox_gw
    13 years ago

Your garden is just stupendous!!! I love your Austins. Can you tell me anything about Regensberg? I have had that on my list.

• bethnorcal9
    13 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful show! I love JANET. And I think I'm gonna hafta get BISHOP'S CASTLE!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, everyone, for your nice comments!

Judy, my Lady Emma doesn't nod because she is Pat Austin:-). Pat's blooms are semi-double and not heavy at all. They shatter quickly though. I don't have Lady Emma -- there is no more room.

Sanju, there is only one WS2000 in that spot. Mine is going on 3 years old and is a grafted plant from DA. This one really likes its spot - in full sun surrounded by hot concrete on three sides and watered extensively by the neighbors' sprinklers:-).

Redsox, my Regensberg is great. We don't have much blackspot around here, but it has no mildew or rust or thrip or salt damage - completely clean always. It is not a very big rose but a very prolific bloomer. Rebloom is fast too, and there is some fragrance. I stop deadheading in the fall and get a display of small orange hips. In fact, I have three of them, which is a lot for my small yard. I don't have three of any other rose:-).

Masha

• redsox_gw
    13 years ago

Well that is a good recommendation! Thanks.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    13 years ago

Good grief I meant Pat!! I'm telling you my brain just up and leaves me sometimes and doesn't tell me when. ha ha!! Anyways, my Pat nods away all the time. It does seem like a few stay up but most of them nod. Sorry for the mishap!

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Judy you are so funny. LOL

Masha, love your roses so much! They are all so beautiful, such an awesome display of colors, your neighbors must love the view!

• hoovb zone 9 sunset 23
    13 years ago

Perfect pictures and perfect roses. You are both a wonderful photographer and gardener. A wonderful treat to see. THANK YOU!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, ramblinrosez and hoovb.

Judy, that was funny. I don't know what to say except I don't do anything special about Pat - she seems to have sturdy canes that support the blooms easily. Sorry not much help...

Masha

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    13 years ago

Wow! Nice pictures. Thanks for posting.

• organicgardendreams
    13 years ago

Masha, you have such an abundance of rose blooms just wonderful!

Thanks for sharing them with us!

Christina

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, the bustopher and Christina.

Masha

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

so lovely! I cant wait for my Jude to bloom.

Love your Crown Princess Margareta SO MUCH. Not sure how long I can resist it.

• Krista_5NY
    13 years ago

Beautiful pics, I like the glowing color of Yves Piaget.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, aimeekitty and Krista. Aimeekitty, I have 2 CPMs, they are pretty big for my small yard:-). They are healthy roses and bloom well, I just wish I could detect some fragrance:-).

Masha

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

Love them all but GOLDEN CELEBRATION is my favorite.

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    13 years ago

Gorgeous :D

Do you remember where you got your Colette? She's a beauty!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, newyorkrita and Meredith.

Meredith, I got my Colette at a local rose nursery, sorry. She is two years old, and so far has not shown any sign of climbing:-).

Masha

• carla17
    13 years ago

Masha, your pictures are such a pleasure and so, so beautiful!
    I wish I could smell every one of them.

Carla

Sponsored
Franklin County's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living