Trumpeter

{{gwi:624342}}

The Prince

{{gwi:624344}}

Sunsprite Twins

{{gwi:624345}}

Royal Wedding

{{gwi:624346}}

New Orleans with Greetings in the backround.

New Orleans twins.

{{gwi:624349}}

MEMORIES a Clements Rose

{{gwi:624356}}

Gingersnap

Cherry Sunblaze

{{gwi:624359}}

Cherry Parfeit

{{gwi:624362}}

Charles Aznavour

{{gwi:624364}}

Lady in Waiting

Roses and Siberian Iris

{{gwi:624340}}

Lots and lots of roses to bloom yet.

Comments (15)

• tweetypye
    14 years ago

Wow...you've got some gorgeous roses Rita...thanks for posting a link to this thread over on the dl forum. :)
    Jan

• jean_ar
    14 years ago

GEE WHIZ, RITA; Your roses are as beautiful as your daylilies,and a big collection as well.They are all so healthy looking.Glad you posted the link to them.Its so hot here right now and humid,ross are not doing good here.Course,I have not done anything with m ine for the last 2 m onths.

Jean

• hosenemesis
    14 years ago

That Cherry Sunblaze deserves its name. What a garden!

• aurora1701e
    14 years ago

Wow, those are some gorgeous pics! Your Cherry Sunblaze is outstanding!!

Jeff

• phylrae
    14 years ago

Rita,
    Thanks for posting your photos....it's nice to see someone else who grows Greetings! We're STILL waiting for our first blooms....all are budded up, but it is unseasonably cool and not very sunny here. I'm SO tired of this weather and want to see our roses and lilies and iris! :0) Phyl

• iris_gal
    14 years ago

I love your pictures of Louise Clements and Royal Wedding. Need to look those up at HMF.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Greetings is an awesome rose. It never stops flowering. The buds on it are absolutely unbelievable, there are so many. I only have 2 flowers open on it so far but will be sure to take pictures when more open.

As far as I can see J&P offered Greetings for one year, which is when I got it and then it was gone. Replaced by GOOD N PLENTY, which I didn't feel I wanted.

Royal Wedding is also a J&P rose, one of their versions of english style roses like their Golden Zest.

LOUISE CLEMENTS is one of the John Clements intros from Heirloom Roses as is MEMORIES.

Cool here too but it hasn't bothered the roses, going to be a great spring flush.

• liane_z4_canada
    14 years ago

Wow you are so lucky, I am drooling looking at your roses and I want to cry when I look out the window to see it snowing. When I retire I will have to move south.
    I love your New Orleans. Great pictures.
    Liane

• Krista_5NY
    14 years ago

The roses and iris look so nice together, love the colors.

• ramblinrosez7b
    14 years ago

Oh my Goodness! your roses are all so beautiful! And you have quite a few twins and look at all those buds! WOW. I cannot get over how healthy your foliage is too, do you spray Rita? And if so with what?
    Thanks so much sharing these with us.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Normally I would say yes I do spray. But I was so busy this spring with all my planting that I only got to spay for the first time this year a week ago Friday. That means I am due to spray again this Friday. The roses stayed really clean. But now I will keep spraying all summer and fall as they do not stay clean if I don't spray.

The only thing that I use is Bayer Advanced Desease Control for Roses Flowers and Shrubs. Never the 3 in one. But I don't have Japanese Beetles here, only get afew during the summer easily dispatched in my cup of soapy water.

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Aren't those gorgeous. It's no wonder we all love roses. Rally Pretty Rita. I'll bet you have "lookers" going by just to see the show.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I have lots of walkers by that stop at the rose garden and just gawk. Honestly this is the best they have ever looked. Its just that It really does take roses afew years of growing before they look their best and the front yard florabundaville rose garden is all at three years old now.

• kublakan
    14 years ago

Where did you buy your New Orleans? I tried researching the rose on HMF but the only thing I could find was on New Orleans Lady which doesn't seem to match the rose pictured above.

Kudos, BTW, on such a beautiful show of roses!

Adrian.

• newyorkrita
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Heirloom Roses. I believe that Roses Unlimited also sells it. New Orleans is a Clements Rose and Heirloom has the best selection of Clements roses available, However if you buy from Roses Umlimited, you will surely get a bigger plant to start with.

New Orleans is a stunning rose, the color is increadable and the scent is wonderful. If you want to try another Clements rose with divine color, check out Star of the Nile. Mine is not open yet but I will be taking pictures of it when it does.

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida