Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
peachymomo_gw

Some late bloomers and friends

peachymomo
12 years ago

The funny weather this spring really stretched out the first blooms of my different roses, here are some of the late bloomers. I also have some pics of flowers I added after complaining last year about hummingbirds visiting my garden and leaving disappointed because all I had were roses.

Helmut Schmidt

Bishop Darlington

Dream Come True

Joyce Barden

Jerri Jennings

Autumn Sunset

Nasturtium

Columbine

Fuschia

Jasmine

Fern and Lobelia

I planted some lobelias my first year in the house and they didn't do very well, but now three years later after the ferns and baby tears have started to get well established the lobelias decided to make a comeback.

Hope you enjoyed my flowers, thanks for looking!

Comments (12)

• bluederby21
    12 years ago

Lovely photos *sigh* Every time I see another beautiful, perfect Dream Come True rose I'm reminded of how badly I want to find that rose to add to my garden LOL

I also like the design of your privacy wood fence with the lattice decor on top :)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great photos! Thanks for sharing!

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Oooh. Great roses/photos, peachy. I love Dream Come True--my kind of rose! And your hummers should be very happy about now. Do you put out feeders?

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have feeders for other kinds of birds that hold bird seed, but for some reason for hummingbirds I prefer having plants instead of feeders.

Thanks for all the nice comments! I love my privacy fence too, it really turns the front into an area that I use every day.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

What pretty roses with such soft petals and colors Peachymomo! What a sweet delightful garden you have!

I love the companions and the Dream Come True, Jeri Jennings, and the Pope John Paul? rose

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I just love Jeri Jennings- what a pretty rose!
    Renee

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

Nice pictures. What is the white rose in the second picture?

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's actually another pic of Helmut Schmidt when the flowers are more open, they start pale yellow and end up so pale that the camera has a hard time picking up any of the color. They are very pretty though, I like the soft, creamy color. For some reason my favorite roses tend to be colors that translate well into food, buttery yellows, apricot, melon, etc. I like yummy colors :o)

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    12 years ago

They are all lovely, but Dream Come True took my breath away. I'm already eyeing the garden, wondering what I could move or get rid of to make room for it. How is it on disease-resistance? If you tell me it is a BS-magnet, you'll save me a lot of work digging and moving things. : )

Lobelia with the ferns. Bingo. That I can do.

Kate

• peachymomo
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm not really sure about disease resistance yet, it was very healthy the first year (two years ago, a warm and dry summer) but last year was much cooler and wetter and it got rust pretty badly. I don't remember a lot of blackspot though... This year has been kind of cold and rainy but not as bad as last year, and so far the leaves are all healthy and green. Mine also gets the minimum amount of sun required, if it were planted in a sunnier spot it would probably be less prone to disease.

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

That last picture took my breath away!! The blue lobelias with the ferns!! Oh my!!! I really like the fuschias and the columbine too!!!

I love how Helmit Schmidt fades to that soft color. The shape of the blooms are great too.

Jeri Jennings is stunning!!! I just love the look of that. I'm off to see its parentage!!

Thanks so much for the beauty!!

Carol

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

So the parentage is Joycie x Trier. Haven't heard of them before. But the offspring sure did them proud!!

Carol

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm