Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

Colours of Spring (Quite Lengthy)

boxofrox
13 years ago

Finally blooming roses are starting to filter into my spring garden colors. Here are a few of the roses and various other things...........

Flutterbye

{{gwi:1234228}}

Flaming Silver

{{gwi:1234229}}

Abe Darby

{{gwi:1234230}}

Sensation

{{gwi:1234231}}

Hansa

{{gwi:1234232}}

Clematis

{{gwi:1234233}}

Livin Easy

{{gwi:1234234}}

Pink Azalea

{{gwi:1234235}}

Easy Goin

{{gwi:1234236}}

September Song

{{gwi:1234237}}

Elsie Watson

{{gwi:1234238}}

Ssssssssccwwwwwiiiinnnngggg ;-)

{{gwi:1234239}}

Thank's for Looking !

Comments (11)

• le_jardin_of_roses
    13 years ago

Boxofrox, we can always count on you to show the most beautiful things from the garden. I am thrilled your garden is awake again, for the many photos to come. You sir, are a joy to us all here. The photo of Abe Darby especially caught my eye. Thanks again!

Juliet

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Aaaah for sweet, Juliet :-)

Fitting it should be you who was first to respond. My youngest niece just called me from Paris about an hour ago. She is there for just shy of 3 weeks and having a fabulous time.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Everything looks great Boxofrox! Glad to see you posting pics!

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Your pictures are fantastic--thanks for sharing all this beauty.

Florence

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Boxofrox this has been a Blessed Day! just to come and see your gorgeous, wonderful Paradise once again! I am thrilled to the MAX!

I have been waiting and waiting for your Abraham Darby, my favorite rose of yours, there's so many other gorgeous ones you have too, but ah, to see the shining face of A.D.! It's just like sun-rays!

Your Livin' Easy is the one rose I keep bragging about to Jim as well and it goes so beautifully with Easy Goin'. I love the brilliant colors of Hansa and Elsie Watson, another favorite rhody of mine in your garden! My puny rhodys have long since stopped blooming lol! They only last for about 2 weeks. Sensation is throwing her charms too! I love her edged trim with the unique purple blooms. Just Gorgeous, Glorious, and Glorifying, three G's for you! Praise Beauty, amen!

P.S. I would have stalked and found you right away, but bless the 2 young neighbor kids and the neighbor-husband helped me get 2 huge palettes of soil into my backyard. It was a back-breaker. They felt so sorry for me because I could barely carry one by myself even with a broken trash fertilizer cart, lol! Took 2 kids and me just to lift one and the neighbor carried 2 40 lb. bags at a time!!!! what a blessed day this has been. Their help and now your garden!

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Lol, Boxofrox, you have the same Ssssssssccwwwwwiiiinnnngggg as I do. And also the lilac Sensation. Fabulous photos of some real beauties. Thanks for sharing. :)

Debbie

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

What a beautiful spring you are having!

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Jim and Florence, good to be back and to have beauty to share :-)

KG, I think AD might be my personal fav as well. This year I'm just letting them be more natural and they're already about 7' tall and loaded with buds.

Debbie, that swing is the most comfortable seat in the garden. I think I counted seating for like 35 spread all around outside and that always seems to be the spot of choice :-)

Kathy, if it would ever warm up and stay there it could be even more so.........so many things are just waiting for the warmth of that golden orb.

• le_jardin_of_roses
    13 years ago

Boxofrox, I love Paris and am glad your niece is having a great time. I was in France a year ago, but that time I spent it in Aix-en-Provence, in fields of lavender. Such good times! May you always keep your joie de vivre, Boxofrox. You are a true Gentleman.

Juliet

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Yeah, right.....what she said :-)

• queenbee_1
    13 years ago

Oh my goodness, tell us about Living Easy and your lilac!! ! Both have gone on my wish list... Your garden in beautiful.. I hope you enjoy every inch of it...QB

Sponsored
2 Navy Lane, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudoun County's Leading Interior Designer