kathy9norcal
12 years ago

Thought I'd post these while they were in bloom and showing off in the garden,

Gourmet Popcorn standard and climbing Candy Cane

Hot Romance bud and old blooms.

Kaleidoscope

mini standard Little Artist

Pure Poetry

Apricot Passion (aka Coral Sea) - Remember when this was sold at Home Depot? It is a great rose.

Trumpeter - It is usually orangey but it got purple edges recently as it aged. Picture doesn't show this well.

Bill Warriner - My second rose. It struggles in a shady spot near a tree. It has never grown as well as before the tree grew up despite replanting.

Comments (12)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Very nice rose pics Kathy! I even see our friend the lady-bug...lol

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, Jim. I didn't spray this year and guess what? The ladybugs prospered and ate all the aphids. Like magic. Of course, after much hosing off for days. But I haven't hosed them for a long time now.

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

All gorgeous, Kathy, but I'm loving that Pure Poetry!

• pippi21
    12 years ago

I saw two bees in one of the pictures but no lady bug..where did I miss it?

• snowheather
    12 years ago

Thanks for the brilliant photos! I,too, like Pure Poetry best. I had no idea it was multi-petaled like that, - my favorite form! Was that orange rose Hot Romance, and the next one with the open blooms the same rose? If so, that is a remarkable change!

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

I like Gourmet Popcorn and Candy Cane together, but all of your roses are right up my alley. I love the orange blend roses best! Coral Seas looks a lot like Marmalade Skies. So bright.
    Little Artist is that lovely scarlet and white that is so pretty together.
    Renee

• inga007
    12 years ago

It's hard to believe the difference between Hot Romance bud and old blooms.
    All are delightful.
    Thanks.

• ladyrose65
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures! I have not seen 'Little Artist' & 'Trumpeter' in years. Where did you order them from?

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

A co-worker who wanted only cutting roses gave me Trumpeter years back. I got Little Artist at a local nursery quite a while ago, also.
    Little lady bug is on older bloom of Hot Romance.
    Pure Poetry has always been a favorite. I took cuttings and also have it in a big pot. Luckily, that is, as the in ground one seems to be declining this year. I wouldn't ever want to be without this rose.
    Thanks for the nice comments!
    Kathy

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Those are lovely. The only one I didn't like is the faded bloom picture of Hot Romance. One of my pet peeves. :)

Pure Poetry lives up to its name. Just love looking at your pic of that one!! Going back up for another look.

Little Artist looks so fresh and fun. I love that one.

Kaleidascope is just beautiful with the soft colors.

Wow I really enjoyed that!!

Carol

• kathy9norcal
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Carol, a pet peeve of mine, too. I usually hate that fade to red-white, but these blooms were just staring up at me, trying their best to look good and not be deadheaded. I couldn't do it.

• bethnorcal9
    12 years ago

Gorgeous roses as always Kathy!! TRUMPETER is really cool! I have CORAL SEA but it doesn't hardly ever bloom. Bums me out. Wish it looked like yours...

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022