Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
amerique2

In Love with Colorific

amerique2
10 years ago

I wasn't planning on buying this rose, but when I saw it at the local nursery, it stopped me in my tracks. I bought not only one but two! I can't figure out how to post more than one picture at a time so I'll add both the newly opened bloom plus the bloom a day later in a comment post. So vibrant and beautiful in all stages.

Comments (14)

• amerique2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's one just newly opened.

• amerique2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Another open bloom of Colorific! It's name perfectly describes it.

• amerique2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finally, a day later this bloom is totally a stop-in-your-tracks red orange. Gorgeous! And I'm sure it will blend beautifully with other pinks, oranges and yellows.

• armomto3boys
    10 years ago

Wow! I don't think I've seen this one before! It's delicious!

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

Colorific is a terrific name for this rose. I can see why you had to have it! Each stage is pretty, and the plant must be quite beautiful with many blooms of different stages!

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

That is really beautiful. I saw it in a nursery recently and didn't get it. I really regret that.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Interesting - I thought Colorific was pink. Now I know! :)
    Looks very pretty with its ruffled skirt.
    Carol

• armomto3boys
    10 years ago

The sunset last night had these same colors. I may have to find one of these. I love roses and I love sunsets. This rose is a perfect combo!

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

Thank you! Great to see how it changes. Gorgeous top shot!

• amerique2
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for looking and commenting! Kathy, I have done the same thing in the past. I had seen this rose earlier in the month, but it wasn't blooming. The photo on the tag didn't wow me but once I saw it in person I was hooked. Usually if I'm not familiar with a rose, I say (to myself) "you need to go home and look it up and see what it was rated," if it's disease resistant, etc. But I couldn't pass Colorific up. And I think it will work great in arrangements which I dearly love. Love the bold colors.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely rose, lovely color and lovely photos!

• lenvt
    10 years ago

Amerique2--

Last year I saw a large mature specimen of colorific at the Maplewood Rose Garden in Rochester NY.

Let's put it this way: you will be so glad you bought two! You've just made me want to ditch a couple of nasty, screaming pink roses from the previous owner for this one!

Canadian rose-- Looking at my photos from the same trip I think the pink rose of this style might be 'Rainbow Knockout.' I'd upload a picutre for you but I don't have a Flicker account!

Lvt

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Yep it's a keeper! Don't you just love all the stages it goes thru! I love the early tight-swirl stage, but my favorite is when it gets that two-tone open bloom look. Just love the colors!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

This is an easy rose to love with all that color eye candy. I like the two tone look, too--very unusual. Diane

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH