Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jerseywendy

What's blooming in my neck of the woods (picture extensive)

jerseywendy
13 years ago

Hellow fellow rose lovers. I thought I'd share what's currently blooming in my garden. I apologize ahead of time that there will be some pictures NOT rose related.

Let's start of with my tree peony, going on 4 years:

Next up DA's Pat Austin:

DA's Teasing Georgia

One of my big garden helpers, Oscar

DA's Abraham Darby

DA's Portmeirion

HT Double Delight

Madame Isaac Pereire

Fl Gruss an Aachen

DA's William Shakespeare 2000

DA's full bush shot...yes, in a pot

DA's Portmeirion...also in a pot

HT Heirloom

HT (standard tree) Melody Perfume'

Zepherine Drouhin inter-twined with Cl Iceberg

Full bush shot of my enormous Teasing Georgia

Ok, that's it. Wait...I just HAVE to post the picture of the love of my life ;)

Niko(lai), B&G Macaw, 7 months old

Thank you all for looking, and happy gardening. :)

---

Wendy

Comments (18)

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Great pictures and great roses---I love the picture of ZD with Iceberg----
    Florence

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    13 years ago

Simply beautiful roses and a gorgeous peony (can't grow them but love them). Oscar and Nikolai of course are the icing on the cake. What would we ever do without our fur (and feather) children?

Ingrid

• queenbee_1
    13 years ago

Your 'gardening buddy' is so adorable! Has a happy face! and Nikolai is very pretty. I love the Iceberg and DZ together.. Your yard is heavenly...
    thanks for sharing.

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

I agree with everyone - Zeffy with Iceberg - what a stunner!! And Teasing Georgia - yikes what a beauty!! Wow!! And it grows THAT big in zone 6!!!!! Talk about a lot of roses!! I also really like your Heirloom! Oh heck -they're all fantastic!!

Have you had your parrot since it was very young? Of course, he's still young - only 7 months old! Gorgeous bird!!

Thank you so much for the look!!!!!!!!

CArol

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Wow! Great looking roses Wendy!

• harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
    13 years ago

Great Wendy. That gigantic Teasing Georgia is teasing me. You are way ahead of me. My Heirloom and Melody Parfumee' aren't blooming yet.

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

I love your post. The roses are all fantastic. I want to rip out my Graham Thomas and put in a Teasing Georgia. That is certainly impressive.

• bgrose
    13 years ago

I like all the roses because they are like pieces of art presented to us by nature, their photos are like the finest examples of pictures in many different styles: impressionism, expressionism, realism. Even their names are like music.

is the parrot friendly?? I scared of birds...

• jerseywendy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you all so very much. :) This truly is my favorite time of the year. Ok, deadheading Teasing Georgia WILL be a chore, but it's be well worth it because she comes back super fast every time.

Nikolai (the parrot) is like a puppy. I met him when he was 8 weeks old and not quite feathered yet. I visited him at the breeder 2-3 times a week, and he's been home with me for about 2 months now. He snuggles non stop, lays in my arm, cuddles under my chin, and is starting talk. He's lots of work, but worth every minute ;)

Weather permitting I'll take some pictures of my roses in the front today.

Again, thank you all very much. :)

---
    Wendy

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Lovely roses Wendy, I really like Teasing Georgia. Do you get alot of BS on her? I love your bird, post more pictures of him if you can, I think he is beautiful!

• carla17
    13 years ago

Wendy, your roses look wonderful. I was considering Teasing Georgia but after seeing the size of yours, I don't think so. Pat is such a beautiful rose. You must spray, what do you use? Also, the ones in pots are blooming their heads off. I like your bird too! He's cute.

Carla

• jerseywendy
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you so much, ramblinrose & Carla. :) Teasing Georgia is EXTREMELY healthy for me. Some of the other Austins get blackspot quite bady if I let up with my spraying, but TG is a true trooper. I use Bayer Disease Control for Roses & Flowers once a week.

More pictures of Niko? Sure.... ;) I can never get enough of him.

• ramblinrosez7b
    13 years ago

Oh he is so AMAZING, his coloring and markings on his face are so vivid and striking, he is truly a beautiful bird. I can see why you treasure him.
    Thanks for sharing more pics of him.

• bgrose
    13 years ago

"More pictures of Niko? Sure.... ;) I can never get enough of him. "

you seem obsessed with roses and birds...be careful because they will steal your heart

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Wow, the roses are just gorgeous, Very healthy looking roses.The dog is a treasure, too.he looks just like the dog on tv in a movie.Can't think of the name of it right now, but it had a cat in named sassy. Love that Mc Call Parrot.its a real beauty.

Jean

• Carrie_AZ
    13 years ago

Zepherine Drouhin inter-twined with Cl Iceberg and the enormous Teasing Georgia is absolutly beautiful. They sure seem happy. Jean Ar that movie is called "Homeward Bound-The Incredible Journey" my kids loved that movie when it came out in 1993 they wore that movie out from watching it so much.
    Beautiful roses!
    Carrie

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

Beautiful bird and roses, JerseyWendy. I totally missed out on this post and am playing belated catch-up! I especially love the Climbing Iceberg and Zephirine Drouhin entwined and your Gruss an Aachen. Dogs are fantastic aren't they! Eluane is super gentle around plants...

• cottage_garden
    13 years ago

All are absolutely lovely. I really wish my ZD produced as well as yours. I've committed to removing it this year if it doesn't produce more.

Thanks for posting your wonderful pictures. All are absolutely delightful.

Feel free to also post more photos of Oscar too for those of us who love pooches as much as birds and roses. :)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert