Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Roses with perennials

Posted by socabeth z9CA (My Page) on
Sat, May 22, 10 at 17:28

Kinda blurry, but you get the idea! I need a tripod I guess!
The yellow rose is Golden Celebration...and the alstromeria is Gold Harmonic! The last one is Abraham Darby. This is how big the austins get in southern California!
Photobucket
target="_blank">Photobucket
Spring 2010
spring 2010
Abraham Darby,Abraham Darby,Abraham Darby

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Roses with perennials

Oops I mean the alstroemeria is Third Harmonic!

o

I love the golden color on the alstroemeria. Your bed is so full of color. Golden Celebration is one of my favorite roses.
Renee

o

wow,Pretty, Pretty, Pretty.every one of them is gorgeous.

Jean

o

It really looks very very nice, I love all the color and your roses look so healthy.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sun, May 23, 10 at 21:27

Looking good! I have to warn you though, you 'Golden Celebration' is just getting started.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Sun, May 23, 10 at 21:30

Great rose/flowers landscape pics Beth!

o

Wow!! I love all that color!! How can you stand going inside!!!

Carol

o

You have created a real paradise! So beautiful, I wish I could have such a glorious garden, please teach me how to create such a perfection!

o

Third Harmonic looks like the perfect partner for Golden Celebration. Incredible combo! Hope we see it in our nursery soon. Oops, we don't have a nursery anymore. Maybe Ace Hardware will get it.

o

The companion plants really complement your roses beautifully, and the roses themselves are gorgeous. And what a darling bird house!

On the premise that more is better, how about getting rid of some of that (useless)grass and making your beautiful border even wider by a foot or two? What a sensation that would be. You have a very nice sense of color, by the way.

Ingrid

o

What a lovely display of colors and harmony in your garden, Socabeth!

o

Thanks everyone!
Hoovb....You must have a golden celebration...any suggestions on how to trim it? Or not? Do you have pics?
bgrose...it just takes being addicted! Find something you like, and find what remaining dirt you have and plop it in. It just goes to show that anything goes! I certainly didn't plan it out.
and ingrid....if my husband ever leaves me, I just may do that! He already thinks I'm nuts!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here