Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

How exciting--Lady of Shalott's first bloom

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

I just planted her (bareroot) a little over a month ago and look at the wonderful progress Austin's Lady of Shalott has made. She is so beautiful that every picture you take of her is superb! She loves the camera--vain hussy! : )

Lady of Shalott--in bud--she has the prettiest buds!

{{gwi:1235572}}

Lady of Shalott--opening

{{gwi:241410}}

Lady of Shalott--opened. So what color is she? yellow, golden, pink, apricot, orange?

Lady of Shalott--open bloom. Notice that the sun came out and she appears a bit more yellowish in the center--except where the bud up above shades part of it.

Lady of Shalott -- whole bush shot. Good looking bush, for only about a month old. I think she might very well grow into a large handsome bush, don't you?

Here's another new rose showing off its first bloom--the cutest little mini called--

Little Sunset--in bud. How do you like that little "butterfly" bud in the bottom left corner?

Little Sunset--those cute little blooms are about 1 in. to 1.5 in. across. The plant itself is about 6-8 in. tall.

Little Sunset--fully opened bloom--look at the perfection of form and it is no bigger than 1.5 in!

{{gwi:342329}}

I'm just feeling giddy with delight at how gorgeous Lady of Shalott is--and how healthy! And I didn't know what to expect with the little fella--that mini is exquisite!

HHRD day!

Kate

Comments (3)