Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ordphien

My favorite mini...

ordphien
9 years ago

From a grocery store!
Seriously though. I love buying grocery minis. A lot of them are flops but some are great.
Even though my nice nursery bought minis are doing their best to show me how much better they are.

I bought this one in... oh... summer 2012. I believe it was pure soft yellow.
I planted it in a pot next to my mini pond, and left it there.
Disease free, bushy, short. Maybe a foot tall.
Fragrant! In cool weather strongly of tea, in hot weather strongly of sweet white wine perfume.

A good little bloomer. Not loaded, but never without a few.

Due for a repot. Lol.

One of my favorite aspects is how much this rose changes.
Some days it's almost pure white. Just the slightest hint of cream. Others it's a deep rich yellow.
Some months it's a rich yellow with a pink blush. Others almost white with pink kissed tips. Occasionally the entire flower is almost consumed by the pink.
I just love this rose!

Comments (8)

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more set.

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

One more set.

{{!gwi}}

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

That IS an amazing rose!! Love the color changes. Such soft pretty colors. Lovely!!
    Is that a tarantula eating that caterpillar?? How cool.
    Carol

• Michaela (Zone 5b - Iowa)
    9 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could find some minis locally w/ that color. So far all I've found is red and pink. They're super pretty but I'd like to find something like this!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Well,if all these photos are the same rose, it would be my favorite one, too. very nice rose.

jean

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It double posted!

Canadianrose - It's such a nice rose. I always look forward to it in spring. More than most of my plants.

It's a Johnson Jumping Slider. Cute little buggers. They leave people done and are actually very bashful little guys.
    He's eating whatever was munching my mini roses buds! He lives year round near that rose and he keeps it very clean.

Believe it or not he's smaller than my pinky nail.

Thegardenat902- This one was not like this from the store.
    It was a pure butter yellow without a hint of cream or white.
    I find they change quite a bit out of the store.

I got this from a local grocery.
    There's a big supplier here who supplies most of the mini roses down here. Aside from victory roses.

Jean_az - I think the colour is temperature related. It's a very lovely patio plant.

• ordphien
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It double posted!

Canadianrose - It's such a nice rose. I always look forward to it in spring. More than most of my plants.

It's a Johnson Jumping Slider. Cute little buggers. They leave people done and are actually very bashful little guys.
    He's eating whatever was munching my mini roses buds! He lives year round near that rose and he keeps it very clean.

Believe it or not he's smaller than my pinky nail.

Thegardenat902- This one was not like this from the store.
    It was a pure butter yellow without a hint of cream or white.
    I find they change quite a bit out of the store.

I got this from a local grocery.
    There's a big supplier here who supplies most of the mini roses down here. Aside from victory roses.

Jean_az - I think the colour is temperature related. It's a very lovely patio plant.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

That's an amazing transformation! I really wish these rose came with names so we could get them too.

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County