Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My favorite mini...

Posted by Ordphien 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 11, 14 at 17:54

From a grocery store!
Seriously though. I love buying grocery minis. A lot of them are flops but some are great.
Even though my nice nursery bought minis are doing their best to show me how much better they are.

I bought this one in... oh... summer 2012. I believe it was pure soft yellow.
I planted it in a pot next to my mini pond, and left it there.
Disease free, bushy, short. Maybe a foot tall.
Fragrant! In cool weather strongly of tea, in hot weather strongly of sweet white wine perfume.

A good little bloomer. Not loaded, but never without a few.

Due for a repot. Lol.

One of my favorite aspects is how much this rose changes.
Some days it's almost pure white. Just the slightest hint of cream. Others it's a deep rich yellow.
Some months it's a rich yellow with a pink blush. Others almost white with pink kissed tips. Occasionally the entire flower is almost consumed by the pink.
I just love this rose!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My favorite mini...

One more set.

o

One more set.

o

That IS an amazing rose!! Love the color changes. Such soft pretty colors. Lovely!!
Is that a tarantula eating that caterpillar?? How cool.
Carol

o

Absolutely gorgeous! I wish I could find some minis locally w/ that color. So far all I've found is red and pink. They're super pretty but I'd like to find something like this!

o

Well,if all these photos are the same rose, it would be my favorite one, too. very nice rose.

jean

o

It double posted!

Canadianrose - It's such a nice rose. I always look forward to it in spring. More than most of my plants.

It's a Johnson Jumping Slider. Cute little buggers. They leave people done and are actually very bashful little guys.
He's eating whatever was munching my mini roses buds! He lives year round near that rose and he keeps it very clean.

Believe it or not he's smaller than my pinky nail.

Thegardenat902- This one was not like this from the store.
It was a pure butter yellow without a hint of cream or white.
I find they change quite a bit out of the store.

I got this from a local grocery.
There's a big supplier here who supplies most of the mini roses down here. Aside from victory roses.

Jean_az - I think the colour is temperature related. It's a very lovely patio plant.

o

It double posted!

Canadianrose - It's such a nice rose. I always look forward to it in spring. More than most of my plants.

It's a Johnson Jumping Slider. Cute little buggers. They leave people done and are actually very bashful little guys.
He's eating whatever was munching my mini roses buds! He lives year round near that rose and he keeps it very clean.

Believe it or not he's smaller than my pinky nail.

Thegardenat902- This one was not like this from the store.
It was a pure butter yellow without a hint of cream or white.
I find they change quite a bit out of the store.

I got this from a local grocery.
There's a big supplier here who supplies most of the mini roses down here. Aside from victory roses.

Jean_az - I think the colour is temperature related. It's a very lovely patio plant.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 17, 14 at 19:26

That's an amazing transformation! I really wish these rose came with names so we could get them too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here