My Dick Clark made a stripey flower!

Posted by brittie Houston 9a (My Page) on
Wed, May 30, 12 at 18:31

I think it's cute!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Just for reference, this is what the rest of Dick Clark's flowers look like...

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Dick Clark made a stripey flower!

What a fabulous thing to happen! I have to confess I like the striped flower better than the original; as you say it's so cute.

o

Wow! That's really cool.

o

I agree with Ingrid, the striped flower is much more striking than the original. May be you have a new "sport"?

o

I kind of doubt that it's an actual sport since the cane that it's on has regular flowers on it also. Seems like it's just one of those weird things! I'm glad I took pictures of it!

o

Very fun! My favorite is still the actual Dick Clark rose. Dick Clark passed recently, perhaps he was just playing games with you, lol.

o

Aw, I didn't think of that (Dick Clark having recently passed).

o

I love Dick Clark rose, but that stripey one is terrific also. I hope it is a sport and eventually gets into commerce. I'd love one!

Kate

o

Oh, what a fun celebration Stripey! Both are fabulous blooms but truly the Stripey is AMAZING! soooo unique the yellow, stripes and whites all co-mingled. Like everyone else here I'm holding my breath, hoping you end up with a Sport and a new hybrid....

o

Wow, how neat! I love striped roses, don't have any growing yet but I think they are so pretty and really stand out! The other rose is beautiful too. I think I will have to get a Dick Clark rose this year :)

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 22:59

Wow, I wonder if it will do that again. Probably not consistently tho. I have a rose called MEILLAND DECOR ARLEQUIN that often has stripey and even speckled blooms in the very first flush of the season, but not afterwards. Must have something to do with the cooler temps.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 2, 12 at 12:45

very pretty! I really liked striped roses :) too bad you can't actually buy him that way!

Tammy

o

Oh that's so interesting Beth. I didn't know that roses do that- throw a striped flower every so often. I hope to see it again! I actually just snipped the spent bloom off today.

o

My dick clark rose planted next to my autumn sunset climbing rose

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 6, 13 at 19:18

It's really pretty! It might just be a one time occurrence due to some weather or something but I'd still mark that cane and keep an eye on it to see what it does next. You never know!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here