Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
brittiebird

My Dick Clark made a stripey flower!

I think it's cute!

Just for reference, this is what the rest of Dick Clark's flowers look like...

Comments (16)

• inga007

I agree with Ingrid, the striped flower is much more striking than the original. May be you have a new "sport"?

• inga007

I agree with Ingrid, the striped flower is much more striking than the original. May be you have a new "sport"?

• inga007

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

What a fabulous thing to happen! I have to confess I like the striped flower better than the original; as you say it's so cute.

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

Wow! That's really cool.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I kind of doubt that it's an actual sport since the cane that it's on has regular flowers on it also. Seems like it's just one of those weird things! I'm glad I took pictures of it!

• mzstitch
    11 years ago

Very fun! My favorite is still the actual Dick Clark rose. Dick Clark passed recently, perhaps he was just playing games with you, lol.

Original Author
    11 years ago

Aw, I didn't think of that (Dick Clark having recently passed).

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

I love Dick Clark rose, but that stripey one is terrific also. I hope it is a sport and eventually gets into commerce. I'd love one!

Kate

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Oh, what a fun celebration Stripey! Both are fabulous blooms but truly the Stripey is AMAZING! soooo unique the yellow, stripes and whites all co-mingled. Like everyone else here I'm holding my breath, hoping you end up with a Sport and a new hybrid....

• nummykitchen
    11 years ago

Wow, how neat! I love striped roses, don't have any growing yet but I think they are so pretty and really stand out! The other rose is beautiful too. I think I will have to get a Dick Clark rose this year :)

• bethnorcal9
    11 years ago

Wow, I wonder if it will do that again. Probably not consistently tho. I have a rose called MEILLAND DECOR ARLEQUIN that often has stripey and even speckled blooms in the very first flush of the season, but not afterwards. Must have something to do with the cooler temps.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

very pretty! I really liked striped roses :) too bad you can't actually buy him that way!

Tammy

Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh that's so interesting Beth. I didn't know that roses do that- throw a striped flower every so often. I hope to see it again! I actually just snipped the spent bloom off today.

• tranny
    11 years ago

My dick clark rose planted next to my autumn sunset climbing rose

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

It's really pretty! It might just be a one time occurrence due to some weather or something but I'd still mark that cane and keep an eye on it to see what it does next. You never know!