Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
seil_gw

We have blooms!

seil zone 6b MI
10 years ago

The first of the 2013 season! These are all in the pots on the patio where it's warmer and more protected. I do have a few buds on Rose de Rescht out in the bed showing color though.

Baby Betsy McCall was the very first to open 5/10/13
{{gwi:1236882}}

Chelsea Brittlyn
{{gwi:1236883}}

Cinderella
{{gwi:1236884}}

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade opened today!
{{gwi:1236885}}

Fire n Ice
{{gwi:1236886}}

Irresistible
{{gwi:1236887}}

Mutabilis
{{gwi:1236888}}

Patron
{{gwi:1236889}}

Stars n Stripes
{{gwi:1236890}}

Comments (16)

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Beautiful blooms Seil! Love that FIRE 'N' ICE and PATRON!

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

I always like to pick a favorite when someone posts a number of blooms but you made it hard for me, you have some real beauties! Irresistible is different from anything I've ever seen. Pink lemonade has me quite interested too, I may have to go look that one up! It feels great when everything starts blooming, doesn't it!?

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

My favs are the first two (I love pink!!) and Stars n' Stripes.
    Lucky you to have blooms already!!
    Beautiful!!
    Carol

• Krista_5NY
    10 years ago

Lovely blooms and pics. Fire n Ice looks like velvet.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

Looking good, as usual. If the tornadoes will stay away for awhile, I hope to get some pics of my roses too. In the meantime, thanks for sharing yours.

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Fire n Ice literally came back from the dead. It wasn't doing well out in the bed at all and then the rabbits chewed it to the ground last fall. In a last ditch effort to save it I dug it up in November and potted it and put it in the little greenhouse for the winter. When I brought it out this spring it had already put on some growth and it now 2 feet tall and blooming! I'm really pleased with it.

Irresistible is very green this spring. Might be the really cool weather? It's usually much more creamy.

Kate, we all hope those tornadoes stop soon!!!

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

Irresistible! I love that green. Wonderful photography on all of these roses. Eyeconic Pink Lemonade is so so pretty.
    Renee

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    10 years ago

Great looking blooms Seil! :)

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you!

Eyeconic Pink Lemonade is covered in buds! It blooms like mad all summer. I wasn't sure how it would winter but it came through with no damage at all.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Woohoo!!!!! Glad your roses decided to join us :) Definitley loving Eyeconic Lemonade....I just shot my husband a dirty look because of it (he accidentally hit it last year with the weedeater when it was a baby and it never came back).

Tammy

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Tammy! What is it with guys and weed whackers and roses? My friend's husband weed whacked her poor Pinata not once but twice!! Even after she put a little fence thing around it! It came back the first time but, alas, succumbed the second time. I don't allow weed whacking in my yard! He's crazy enough with the lawn tractor!

• amerique2
    10 years ago

Hooray for the first blooms of the season! So much fun to see. Amazing how a rose as tiny as Baby Betsy McCall and Cinderella can have that rose form! I really like Stars n Stripes!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

As usual, seil, your photos are perfection. I love Eyeconic Pink Lemonade, so very unique. I'm glad your roses are putting on such a nice show. Keep those photos coming. Diane

• seil zone 6b MI
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Amerique and Nana!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Your roses are lovely, pure perfection! Love them all, but Baby Betsy McCall and Chelsea Brittlyn really stand out, but I'm really drawn to pink roses for some reason.

• kathy9norcal
    10 years ago

Great roses. Too many favs to pick just one!