Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wanttogarden

My Driveway Hedge

wanttogarden
11 years ago

There are 6 Lavender Simplicities and two Burgundy Icebergs.

{{gwi:260288}}

Love the color combination

View from my drive way

View from neighbor's front yard

Width of the hedge

Just for the ref. This is a picture of it taken on 2008, second year it was planted.

FJ

Comments (22)

• northtexasdude
    11 years ago

WOW! Lavender Simplicity looks great! How do you feel about the fragrance/re-bloom?

• wanttogarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks,Dude:

They bloom in flushes, 4-5 times with the same intensity. Smell like heaven when we walk up the driveway; sweet and fruity.
    FJ

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Whew. What a lovely thing you have created!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

A whole hedge of lavender roses! Wow! I've never seen anything like it before. And here I thought those Simplicity type roses were some kind of sales gimmick. Shows what I know!

Lovely, really, really lovely!

Kate

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago

Truly amazing sight! I love it.

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

What a fantastic color combination!

• inga007
    11 years ago

Lucky neighbors.

• TNY78
    11 years ago

That Lavender Simplicity looks VERY healthy! I love the blooms :)

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Wow! A hedge of Lavender roses! Nice...!

• meredith_e Z7b, Piedmont of NC, 1000' elevation
    11 years ago

You should ask J&P for advertising money :D Wow!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Those Lavender Simplicities sure put on a show. Thanks for the look.

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

Beautiful---Do your neighbors know how lucky they are?

Florence

• wanttogarden
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Flowers have passed their prime now but from afar, the hedge is still dressed in lavender.

Kate: I actually fell for J&P's photo shopped picture of this hedge back then. I guess their gimmick worked. Lucky me, this rose delivered.

serenasyh: Although the color combination is nice, but sometimes I wonder if I should not have planted the B. Iceberg. 1. It breaks the continuity of the lavender. 2. It looks too much like Dr. H. I can hear the rose people driving by and saying, "Nice hedge, too bad root stock is taking over!"

Meridith: I actually considered sending a picture to JP to show them they can advertise without photo shopping their pictures. But considering the state of JP, I don't thing anyone there would care less.

Florence:

The house next door was a rental for the longest time and now a young and very busy couple have bought it. The hedge was planted to divert my eyes from their unkept yard to mine. I am not sure if they enjoy them, but they never complained when I go to their yard to dead head or prune.

FJ

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

What an amazing sight to come home to!

• jewelie6
    11 years ago

That is GORGEOUS!

• Jae SK
    6 years ago

I know that this is a couple years old, but your rose hedge is amazing!!!

I had to cut down some unhealthy trees in my backyard and now we have no privacy :( I'm planning to plant a rose hedge like yours around our patio area. How long did it take for the roses to grow to about 5' ?

• modestgoddess z6 OH
    6 years ago

Such a pretty hedge

• Jae SK
    6 years ago
    Thank you Ann! I missed out on spring shipping for roses this year bcs I was busy planting other beauties, but I hope to plant about 4 of the lavender simplicities in the fall!

Would love to see your photo if you can post here. Thanks!!
  • Jae SK
    6 years ago
    Ann, ignore the last comment about seeing photos - I see them now! Somehow they didn't load the first time around. Great job with the roses they look marvelous! Thanks for sharing the photos!
  • Ann9BNCalif
    6 years ago

You're welcome! I bought two FLS last fall in tiny containers from J&P; not sure the size but they took a long time to grow. I would wait until they offer the own root/bare root version of FLS in December or January if you want it to grow quickly.

Ann

• Jae SK
    6 years ago
    Thanks for the tip! I'm told fall shipping starts September so I'm gonna be watching like a hawk. Can't wait to create a beautiful hedge!
Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting