Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aurora1701e

Bounty of Blooms (Part 1)

aurora1701e
14 years ago

A big bounty of blooms from here in southern NJ. This is by far the best spring flush I've had. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! More to follow shortly.

Jeff

TIFFANY

SHOCKWAVE

{{gwi:263862}}

{{gwi:337709}}

TIDDLY WINKS

JUDY GARLAND

FIREFIGHTER (yummy!)

{{gwi:296567}}

HOT COCOA

{{gwi:320601}}

GOLD MEDAL (A FAVORITE)

{{gwi:285720}}

JULIA CHILD [Tree Rose]

{{gwi:265378}}

MIDAS TOUCH

{{gwi:265377}}

VAVOOM

CHERRY PARFAIT

OLYMPIAD

LOVE & PEACE

TOPSY TURVY [Tree Rose]

VETERAN'S HONOR

MARDI GRAS

FLORIBUNDA BED

DECK SHOTS

SORBET PEONY

SHIRLEY TEMPLE PEONY

Comments (20)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    14 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have some really nice ones there. The picture quality is quite good also.

• Zyperiris
    14 years ago

I have several roses in pots as well. I would aspire to have a patio that looks like yours! What do you use for fertilizer?

• lesmc
    14 years ago

Beautiful,,,,Just Beautiful. You have some lovely roses. Lesley

• texaslynn
    14 years ago

WOW! I really can't think of anything else to say at the moment! What they said above!

Lynn

• newyorkrita
    14 years ago

Beautiful, beautiful roses. That deck shot is amazing. What a great place to sit and relax.

• bethnorcal9
    14 years ago

WOW! Rose overload!! I love it! And I particularly love TIDDY WINKS!! Beautiful! And you've really done a great job capturing TOPSY TURVY. I have such a hard time getting the color right. Can't wait to see Part 2!

• BecR
    14 years ago

Oh my! Those are simply gorgeous--and so healthy! Beautiful! :)

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

Jeff stopppp! I am having cardiac arrest from love!!!! I love those beauty pics! please stop! Beautiful lush green leaves, and full dark glossy foliage being my favorite- Tiddley Wink bouquets, and noteworthy, you took beautiful photos of roses that I would not! go for and made them so stunning... I've seen hot cocoa before at nurseries and all I could think was yuck!!! and you made them such a lovely hue... I usually avoid color edgings like Judy Garland, and Cherry Parfait, and usually don't go for yellows either, but with your lens they were lovely, lovely, lovely... Of course my favorite colors, the oranges, reds and blush pinks I enjoyed as usual! P.S. I hope by fall, my tree roses will be as prolific as yours... Mine may take up to next year since one of them had 3 horrible traumas, so I have to wait for the first buds to blossom and open then do the deadheading process...

• aurora1701e
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everybody! Taking pics and sharing them with fellow rose lovers is something I very much enjoy doing! A discerning eye and meticulous care is put into selecting the right photo of each rose to post. On average about 1 shot in 10 makes the cut.

zyperiris: my potted roses get an application of Rose-Tone in early spring followed by alfalfa tea a few weeks later. I also do a 1/2 strength fish emulsion/seaweed foliar spray every month.

serenasyh: sorry to put you through cardiac arrest. This is the second year for Julia and third for Topsy Turvy. I have every confidence yours will be just as beautiful!

Jeff

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

hee-hee! Well Jeff, just like an Aurora1017 rose addict I had to revisit your pages. I'm a sucker for "hearthrob roses" LOL! Just me and my cardiac arrest! Now to wait for...PART II!

Hee-hee, yes, I am so proud of my survivor tree rose. It's larger than any of my local nursery's super-pampered tree roses. Mine has really full foliage in spite of all the horrible things I did to it...but ah, blooms. I dream of your tree rose's blooms. That Julia Child would be a dream for those of us who want abundant tree roses that also have wonderful fragrance...

• suzyr
    14 years ago

Just Georgeous! every one of them!!! great pictures to! :^)
    SuzyQ

• huttnem
    14 years ago

I love your Tiddly Winks and floribunda bed. Thanks for sharing your beautiful photos.

• zeffyrose
    14 years ago

Jeff---WOW WOW WOW---

Your deck shots are amazing----Lokks to me like you also have lots of trees--Tiffany looks really close to that big tree and she is doing great----

Congratulations

Florence

• canadian_rose
    14 years ago

GAdzooks!!! I started making note of my favorites, then just gave up. They're all amazingly gorgeous!!! What is the purple floribunda? Such a heavely color!! Thanks so much for the view!!! You're a fantastic photographer!!

Carol

• aurora1701e
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Carol: The purple floribunda is Midnight Blue. It's a blooming machine which hasn't stopped since it started.

Jeff

• Jean Marion (z6a Idaho)
    14 years ago

Your Tiddly Winks is so adorable... so glad I got one from Nor'East...

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

I am so glad this thread was brought up so that I can relive my cardiac arrest, stalker days, hahahahaha!

P.S. JeffAurora, you need to relist your best tree roses in the regular forum. There is a thread called Best Tree Roses... It would give a better and! accurate view of actual growing tree roses that look beautiful but are not the glossed over tree roses one finds in vendor catalogs... I put my lopsided one up, LOL! It went on my lopsided garden thread Part II as well. (but thank goodness I only put one Fragrant Cloud photo up as opposed to the other rain photos that melted out my FC tree rose)....Hmmmm, maybe I did the opposite and scared everyone away from my brands, hahahaha!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    14 years ago

First time i've seen these pics. Great blooms there aurora1701e!

JIM

• phatboyrose
    14 years ago

Jeff, I'm so impressed, such a bunch of beautiful roses and such healthy folige. It really shows that you know what you are doing with both roses and a camera. I have a weaknes for yellow roses and SHOCKWAVE AND GOLD MEDAL are just too MUCH. THANKS for making my day and keep them coming.

• serenasyh
    14 years ago

I am soooo happy all these threads got resurrected by CanadianRose...Where I can restalk to my heart's content. It's always a joy revisiting these pages... hehe! and am so happy Jim and the other newer people can see why!!! I have proclaimed myself as Stalker! and a huge fan of Aurora roses and photography!