Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mel's Heritage

Posted by wanttogarden USDA 9b, Sunset 15, (My Page) on
Wed, May 2, 12 at 20:54

Bought this rose as a band in 2009. Lived in a pot for a year. Got planted in the ground in 2010. This the first year that it has more than few blooms on it. It is planted in part sun. It smells like green apples.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

FJ

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mel's Heritage

I love your tripod trellis. The petals on this rose are so delicate and feminine.
Renee

o

Very charming, the fragrance sounds wonderful.

o

Very nice! I love its bloom shape! Reminds me of the beloved antiques and was pretty enough for me to look up on HMF, lol!
Paul Barden did a fantastic job creating this rose- seems like a real winner!

o

Thanks everyone for the compliments.

hosenemesis: The obelisk is home made. DH and I made three of them in one weekend.

serenasyh:

The way I hear, Paul Barden, almost did not propagate this rose, thinking it was once bloomer. The one in SJHRG is a perpetual bloomer. Mine has been once bloomer so far, either because it was not mature or because it is in part shade.

FJ

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 9, 12 at 17:01

I like the color and the form!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here