Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kandhi_gw

Zephirine Drouhin started blooming

kandhi
10 years ago

My zepherine drouhin is loaded with buds and in full bloom. Love the fragrance and it seem to waft 10ft around.

Comments (8)

• amerique2
    10 years ago

Ooh, I'm enjoying the fragrance just looking at all those blooms! Such a clear pure pink. A friend planted ZD on either side of her doorway and trained it to meet over the door. It stops traffic, like I'm sure yours does.

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

What a beautiful wall of flowers! May I ask how old the plant is? Do you keep it trimmed to not climb higher? Will it cascade over or keep climbing high? Wish I could smell them, that wall must put off a wonderful scent!

• kandhi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

amerique2 - thanks for your comments.
    mzstitch, I bought this plant in 2011 in 2 gal container. The plant was 1ft tall and when I planted it in ground, it took off very well and threw so many new shoots. To control the climber, I cut the older stems every year at the base and only keep this year new canes for next year blooms. This seem to be keep the climber in control and blooms very well. After reading several notes on google, I learned that pulling the new canes laterally and tieing them to encourage more shoots, budding at every node. It does throw blooms at every node and that is the key to get more blooms I noticed. Since I have it near my deck, it is easy for me to strectch the canes laterally and tie them.

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Wow!!!
    That's a stunner!!
    Sooooo many blooms. I'm in love!!
    Carol

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Wow! That's a fabulous display!

• hosenemesis
    10 years ago

You have done a wonderful job training it. One of my favorite roses!
    Renee

• kandhi
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everyone for viewing! I really love the fact of thornless for this plant and it is easy to touch the long canes with bare hands to train them which ever way I want. I just hope it continues to rebloom, maynot this spectacular display but few flowers here an there.. After flowers are done I am planning to dehead them and prune the lateral branches to 6-7inches long to see if that helps with reblooming.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love her! she's one of my favorite roses :)

Tammy

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus