Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zephirine Drouhin started blooming

Posted by kandhi z7VA (My Page) on
Mon, May 20, 13 at 20:58

My zepherine drouhin is loaded with buds and in full bloom. Love the fragrance and it seem to waft 10ft around.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zephirine Drouhin started blooming

Ooh, I'm enjoying the fragrance just looking at all those blooms! Such a clear pure pink. A friend planted ZD on either side of her doorway and trained it to meet over the door. It stops traffic, like I'm sure yours does.

o

What a beautiful wall of flowers! May I ask how old the plant is? Do you keep it trimmed to not climb higher? Will it cascade over or keep climbing high? Wish I could smell them, that wall must put off a wonderful scent!

o

amerique2 - thanks for your comments.
mzstitch, I bought this plant in 2011 in 2 gal container. The plant was 1ft tall and when I planted it in ground, it took off very well and threw so many new shoots. To control the climber, I cut the older stems every year at the base and only keep this year new canes for next year blooms. This seem to be keep the climber in control and blooms very well. After reading several notes on google, I learned that pulling the new canes laterally and tieing them to encourage more shoots, budding at every node. It does throw blooms at every node and that is the key to get more blooms I noticed. Since I have it near my deck, it is easy for me to strectch the canes laterally and tie them.

o

Wow!!!
That's a stunner!!
Sooooo many blooms. I'm in love!!
Carol

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Wed, May 22, 13 at 18:55

Wow! That's a fabulous display!

o

You have done a wonderful job training it. One of my favorite roses!
Renee

o

Thanks everyone for viewing! I really love the fact of thornless for this plant and it is easy to touch the long canes with bare hands to train them which ever way I want. I just hope it continues to rebloom, maynot this spectacular display but few flowers here an there.. After flowers are done I am planning to dehead them and prune the lateral branches to 6-7inches long to see if that helps with reblooming.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Fri, May 24, 13 at 23:27

Love her! she's one of my favorite roses :)

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here