FRANCIS DUBREUIL

{{gwi:1237998}}
GREEN ICE

{{gwi:1238000}}
IRIS_SEA POWER and my RED BLUE & WHITE front yard

{{gwi:1238002}}
WISTERIA TREE

{{gwi:1238004}}
At last, the one-cane wonder MADAME ALFRED CARRIERE. You can see the only one cane or trunk behind the butterfly bush on the left.

{{gwi:1238005}}
Thanks for looking and have a great weekend! -Chi

Comments (6)

• peachymomo
    12 years ago

I love your Golden Celebration, all the flowers are beautiful but I like that one the most. Cute little rascal too ;)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    12 years ago

All your pictures are quite nice. That Golden Celebration is spectacular. It is one I don't have. The Souvenir de la Malmaison is showy also. I lost mine in that bad Easter freeze 4 years ago, and it never got large like yours. The tree wisteria is interesting. I just wonder how much time you have to spend pruning and training it to keep it in bounds. Thanks for posting.

• chic3721
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Peachymomo, that little rascal is my nephew. While I was shooting the wisteria, he stole a tulip from his sister's hand and ran away, and stepped in my photo accidentally, which is good because it helps the viewer to guess the tree's actual size by comparing it with him.

The bustopher, this wisteria is about 60 years old. When I moved in seven years ago, it looked like now, except it had leaves covered from top to bottom. My neighbor had been taking care of it, but it didn't bloom for six years. Last year my neighbor was getting too old (95 years old)and decided to let me take over. I removed all leaves below four feet, and shortened everything on top to the last two notches; this early spring I gave it some blooming fertilizer, and it bloomed! I was so happy. Maintenance is low, I consider, esp. comparing to roses. I don't need to do any more training, I just prune a lot. It sends out lots of runners, and I prune them back whenever I see them. I can either do a 10-minute pruning once a month, or give a few clippings each time I go out checking the roses. In the winter when it's bare, I would trim all lateral shoots to the last 2 or 3 notches, and thin out a bit. That's all. This tree really turns heads, even when it's not blooming.

Chi

• hosenemesis
    12 years ago

Amazing wisteria tree. But the roses! Your Golden Celebration is so full of flowers- it must smell heavenly.

• lesmc
    12 years ago

You have a truely beautiful garden. I just love the Golden Celebration and the others are lovely. I hope you will post more pictures! Lesley

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I can't believe your GC. Truly can't. I can't imagine mine ever getting like that (too cold I guess). I would get a chair and just sit and stare at it for hours. I mean, seriously - that is truly stunning!!!!!

Your Wisteria tree looks like something the fairy queen and her entourage would have a party underneath. Magical!!

Everything you grow is fantastic. I am in awe!!

CArol