Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ksgreenman

Just a few more early blooms.

ksgreenman
10 years ago

Spring blossoms are still a bit late this year. I usually take blooming plants to the graves of my ancestors on Memorial Day, but at this rate I'm not sure enough roses will be blooming to do that for all of them this time. Anyway, here are a few that started this week, plus a few more new bands that I allowed to have a bloom on.

First, towering above me, 7 feet tall from a 16" pot, Duplex.

The same blossom a couple of days later

Then, the blossom from the first bud to form this spring, but not the first to open. The blossom is kind of stunted, I guess a bud that takes 6 weeks to open isn't going to have the best show. You can barely tell its Paradise.

Next, the also very tall Hope for Humanity, though I photographed some of the lower branches.

The other established rose to bloom already is the venerable and somewhat despised Soleil d'Or. Okay, so it is also the only rose to already have a bad case of blackspot. But, here it is blooming while most others are still green buds. Take that you young whipersnappers!

And now a few of the bands that are blooming. First, one of the Vintage candidates for the rambler Flora--they have 2 possible candidates, I chose the one with the higher fragrance rating.

same blossom a day later--looks quite different doesn't it?

Hippolyte--lovely, not as fragrant as I'd hoped.

{{gwi:287425}}

Rosa Sancta Richards not Andrews

Sappho, the petals fell off before the end of the day it opened.

Well, thats all for now. Photobucket is harder to use than it first appeared--they keep changing the way it seems to work, or else I don't know how to keep the same settings. Half the time it isn't able to load the page I want or get the link I want. Anyway, hope to have some more--maybe even a lot more--in a few days.

Comments (7)