Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

Some May Blooms...

TNY78
11 years ago

I haven't posted any pictures in a little while. I've been so busy lately, and my garden looks like a bomb went off in it! I guess that's what getting married does to you. Plus, we spent a week in France on our honeymoon which didn't help the garden or lawn situation. But, this weekend we are planning on getting a couple of truckloads of mulch and fixing everything up again. Even through the weedy mess, there's still so many blooms...I love it!

I'll do a second post with OGRs...although a couple snuck in here:)

Enjoy, Tammy

Warm n Fuzzy: so far seems to be a very good mini; productive and disease free so far.

Violette's first flush ever :) Small, but still wonderful!

Ramblin Red having a nice flush...

Champaigne Cocktail

Chianti..you have to love a once blooming David Austin rose!

Braveheart

Waterloo..this Hybrid Musk grows in an almost completely shaded area...really nice rose if you have a spot without much sun.

Twilight Zone...so far I really like it...even better than Ebb Tide!

Sultaine Favorite...cute little green eyes

Stormy Weather....new this year!!!!!

Vavoom....I agree!!

Purple Splash with its spring flush

Prairie Star

Memphis Music...most likely the only bloom I'll see, but I keep it anyway

Kim Rupert...very interesting color combo and rose named after our fellow poster :)

Easy Does It: blooming nicely as always

Cream Veranda......another favorite!

Blue Angel

Angelica Renee

My beautiful mystery climber

Lastly, the cutest thing "growing" in my yard...a baby bluebird

Comments (17)

• kathy9norcal
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Tammy, your roses are wonderful. You have a great bunch of different roses that are really beautiful. Thanks for showing them to us!
    Love the bird, too.

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Your neighborhood is so beautiful and green. Easy Does It and Cream Veranda are my two favorites here.

• inga007
    11 years ago

I too, love your many "different" roses. The velvety petaled ones, are my fave.
    The "baby" looks about ready to fly.

• queenbee_1
    11 years ago

I have never heard of Warm and Fuzzy.. I love red and that one is RED... Your baby looks like he is doing well.. Love your pictures.

• sweetvenge
    11 years ago

Nice collection of lovely roses

• ladyrose65
    11 years ago

Beautiful roses! The bird is so cute! Thank You for posting. By the way, where did you get "Vavoom"?

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks everyone :) I have so many more to still share! Each time I go outside there's something new blooming!

Ladyrose, I got my Vavoom this year from S&W Greenhouse

Tammy

• zeffyrose
    11 years ago

Your roses look lovely---I've learned to look right past the weeds in my garden---

Florence

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Congrats on getting married! Great production of blooms you got going, lol on your comment "Time Bomb" haha!

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    11 years ago

Nice pictures. You have some interesting ones. The Cream Veranda is quite pretty. Your Prairie Star appears to have a bit more of a pink tinge than mine, an interesting variation. I'm just wondering how accurate those purples are. I know that my camera wreaks havoc on dark reds, red-purple/maroon, and some dark purples. I'm curious if you have the same problem.

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks Bustopher, I definely have the same problem with my reds and very bright pinks. My purples are pretty accurate and true to color. I've learned to try to play with the shade a little. Sometimes I'll try to stand and block the sun to get the color to be more true.

As for Prairie Star, in the spring/fall it tends to have that more pink tinge, but during summer its pretty white.

Thanks for looking! Tammy

• NewGirlinNorCal
    11 years ago

I love your little bluebird! When I saw the green on Sultans Favorite I thought they were tiny frogs.

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

I love them all! And your great shot into the bird house!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Tell me about Prairie Star. Disease resistance, hardiness, floriferousness, tendency to brown?

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

Amazing photos. You have a great collection. I especially like the Memphis Music, never seen one in person.

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Great photos!

We got a Purple Splash and a Stormy Weather too. Stormy Weather is doing great!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mantis...I really like the blooms on Prairie Star, but its not one of my favorite Buck roses. For me, it doesn't seem to have the same disease resistance that some of his other roses have. If you can look past the foliage, or spray, it can be a really nice rose...and the blooms are outstanding! Definitely hardy...I didn't winter protect that bed at all last year minus my usual spring mulching. Blooms don't brown much...something that drives me nuts, and they last at least a couple of days. Repeat is also slower than other Buck roses, but I get at least 3-4 cycles in a season.

Tammy