Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tny78

End of May Blooms

TNY78
10 years ago

Here's a sample of what's happening in my garden this week :) I really need to get out there and weed, but we've had a heatwave and whoa is it hot out there!

Enjoy,
Tammy

Well Being

Blue Girl

Nuits de Young (poor thing has RMV, but I love her anyway)

HUGE bloom of Juno

Double Chestnut

Henri Barruet

Queen of Sweden

Queen of Hearts backed by Boule de Neige

Ascot in her second year

Moonstone

Pomponella starting to bloom

Red Baller
{{gwi:273733}}

Seafoam

La Marne
{{gwi:283012}}

Violette
{{gwi:1239513}}

Fiesta

Veilchenblau

Grumpy
{{gwi:279024}}

Ombree Parfait ending its spring show
{{gwi:1239516}}

Sunny Side Up, love how it looks like a poppy
{{gwi:1239517}}

Zeffy
{{gwi:1239518}}

Paul Farges Clematis (sorry I couldn't resist, he's one of my favs!)
{{gwi:1239520}}

Antico Amore
{{gwi:1239521}}

Paw Maw
{{gwi:1239522}}

Weeping China Doll
{{gwi:1239523}}

Nahema
{{gwi:1239524}}

Evelyn Redfern
{{gwi:1239525}}

Comments (10)

• the_bustopher z6 MO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have some nice pictures. Your Moonstone is quite nice. What Queen of Hearts do you have? It does not match any of the Queen of Hearts entries in the Help Me Find Roses lists. It sure looks good, but who is it?

• bethnorcal9
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses! I particularly like PAW MAW and GRUMPY.

• TNY78
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, Beth :)

Bustopher, its the 2000 Kordes floribunda. Its actually Queen of Hearts Faorytale, but HMF doesn't make that distinction. I had tried to ask them to add it as an alias one time, but it never was added. Really really healthy rose!

Tammy

Here is a link that might be useful: Queen of Hearts Fairytale

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

Your roses are beautiful!

• mzstitch
    10 years ago

Truely enjoyed seeing your assortment. That Ascot has some huge blooms!!! Had to look that one up on Help Me find and the picture looked the same but it said it was a short dense shrub, yours certainly doesn't look short?! How large do you expect this plant to be, did you prune it at all this year?
    Violette is pretty too, I don't have any once bloomers but that one is tempting. How long does the bush flower?
    Loving Evelyn Redfern too, what a classy rose.

• arcus_85
    10 years ago

Moonstone!! So perfect. And I bet those Blue Girls smell divine...

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    10 years ago

what a wonderful collection you have there. I particularly like Well Being and was glad to see your pic of it. If it ever stops raining around here, I must take some pics of my Well Being also.

And your Pompenella--my new one is just forming buds--lots of them--can't wait to see it start blooming like yours.

As for pure beauty, Nahema is marvelous--and so is Queen of Sweden, and of course your wonderful Ascot (I just love that rose) , and so is Moonstone--an almost perfect bloom in that pic.

But there are all the other beauties also--guess I can't just name them all! LOL

Kate

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

Lovely, Tammy! What a gorgeous rose for such a weird name, Paw Maw? And there's that Pomponella again! OH, I miss my La Marne!

• TNY78
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for the levely comments!

mzstitch, Ascot isn't as tall as it looks in the picture :) He's only about 3 feet hih, but a very upright grower so far. I didn't prune him at all except for dead wood this spring. Violette is a wonderful rose! I think she's been blooming for about 3 weeks now, but when she's not blooming the foliage is very heathly.

Kate & Seil...Pomponella is a winner! You'll love yours when it matures, Kate!!

Tammy

• amerique2
    10 years ago

So much fun to see your roses and clematis! I'm loving especially Sunny Side Up.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm