Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some Pics to Share

Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
Fri, May 10, 13 at 23:01

Everything is starting to really get going here! Its still mainly my potted roses that are in bloom, but the in ground ones are also beginning to pop! Here are some blooms from over the past week :)

Tammy

My Hansa Hedge (3 Hansas is a row)
 photo HANSA3_zps11a3876b.jpg

Dutch Fork China
 photo DUTCHFORKCHINA2_zpse4563b3e.jpg

Walferdange (new, and I think I'm in love!)
 photo WALFERDANGE2_zps8cf12fda.jpg

One of my RVR Mystery roses...haven't been able to ID it yet
 photo RVRMYSTERY13022_zpsac2dfaa0.jpg

Ferdinand Prichard
 photo FERDINANDPRICHARD_zpsad5fb643.jpg

R Rugosa Alba...and all time favorite!
 photo rrugusaalba_zps823ba3ec.jpg

A Longs Pedoncules
 photo ALongsPedoncules2_zpsc36e46d1.jpg

Midnight Blue
 photo midnightblue_zps6ee5828c.jpg

Wingthorn...how can you NOT love those thorns???
 photo wingthorn2_zpsa1e99f9e.jpg

Rainbow Sorbet...a BS disaster for her first year, and now 3 years later, she's a favorite & healthy as can be!
 photo rainbowsorbet-1_zpse358616d.jpg

Pasadena Star...another newbie...and glad I took the chance on her :)
 photo pasadenastar2_zps8e6998c8.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some Pics to Share

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Sat, May 11, 13 at 0:15

Beautiful! I love your RVR Mystery rose!

o

The rugosas are stealing my heart. I love the color of the foliage, and I love the mass planting.

o

I was thinking the same things about the wonderful rugosa leaves. I love all your blossoms. I adore the soft yellow on Pasadena Star

o

Beautiful pictures, and I too especially like your R Rugosa Alba, its now on my wishlist for next year! Would love to know what that mystery rose is too, it has such a unique shape!

o

Love the mystery rose, hope someone can identify it for you.
Ouch... those thorn's look lethal.....:>)

o

Also love your beautiful rugosa hedge; I'm surprised they do so well in Tennessee. It must be colder there in the winter than I imagined. Pasadena Star is a beauty. Is that an older bloom of Ferdinand Pichard? It's usually much brighter and this rose reminds me very much of Honorine de Brabant.

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Sat, May 11, 13 at 15:19

Thanks everyone! I love showing off my roses on here. Its good to know they're appreciated! I'm lucky enough to be in a zone where I can grow just about anything in terms of hardiness. Although, some classes HATE it here (emm..Pernetiana)

Thanks Ingrid :) We do get pretty cold here in the winter. This winter I think out lowest temp was in the lower 20's, but I've seen it get into the teens almost every other winter...the rugosas LOVE it!! :)

Good call on the Ferdinand Prichard bloom...it was one that was a few days old and ready to fade...he's usually brighter like you said. I think this one had been open for about 3 days before I snapped a picture.

Tammy

This post was edited by TNY78 on Sat, May 11, 13 at 15:22

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, May 11, 13 at 16:05

You have such a beautiful variety of roses, Tammy!

o

Your hedge is really taking on a nice mature shape. It's very lovely. I agree with you about Walferdange. What a pretty shade of pink!

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Tue, May 14, 13 at 22:13

The Hansa hedge has definitly come a long way from the three ownroot-bareroots it was 4 years ago :) It still needs to fill in some, and suckers are helping with that task. I just love the scent of all its blooms right now....and the fall hips are amazing!

Tammy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here