Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

2012 Eluane's BDay, Anna d. D & the Lopsided Garden Part II

serenasyh
11 years ago

Everyone, May 7, is the celebration of Little Eluane! It's her birthday! and so to celebrate, here are more photos of her in the garden and of her Special Day scattered throughout the rest of this thread...

Eluane and Anna de Diesbach:

Eluane with the climbing roses, Viking Queen (in front) and Compassion(to the left)

{{gwi:309183}}

Also Eluane loves visiting one of the local nurseries (where I buy my herbs at) because they pamper her so much and make her feel so special....

Compassion blooms:

America Climbing Rose

Lincoln

Comments (13)

• jeffcat
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

America is quite the "salmony" color. Eluane is a rose modeling pup. I must say Eluane's eyes contrast well with Viking Queen...quite the "lawn ornament" she is. haha

My dogs aren't quite as fascinated by the garden but perhaps they will be when I take them out in it this summer. They usually know their walks result in Italian food and/or ice cream, so they enjoy that more.

• lovemysheltie
    11 years ago

YAY Eluane, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! She is one gorgeous pup :) Lovely roses too!

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Eluane! Ruff ruff ruff... I love all the pics of Eluane & the roses! Very nice! I see Eluane wants to play frisbee...lol

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Some wonderful specimens. Your blooms look flawless. I too wouldn't be without a gardening buddy of the four-legged sort.

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday, Eluane! Looks like she had a great day.

Your roses look fantastic, wonderful blooms and colors. I really like Anna de Diesbach, I grow this one as well, great rose.

• lesmc
    11 years ago

Happy Birthday Eluane!! You are a beauty....and so loved ! You must be a very good pup in the garden!!! Love the roses especially America. Thanks for sharing Lesley

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

Well Happy Birthday Eluane!!!!

I went to a puppy 1st birthday party a couple of weeks ago too. Sasha's mom got her a Bumpy Cake treat at the dogie bakery!

The roses are gorgeous, Serena!!

• hosenemesis
    11 years ago

Compassion is just wonderful, and your photography is excellent. Happy B-day to the lucky doggie.
    Renee

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words about the Lopsided Garden, and most of all, Eluane sends everyone puppy kisses for wishing her a happy Birthday...She really is quite the princess! Instead of eating her cake with one big gulp like most dogs, she nibbled first with the provolone cheese hearts and the tomatoes at the rim. Next she tried to nibble at the top, not wanting to ding up my delicate china plate. She still couldn't get to the cake, so I ended up slicing the cake into little wedges all of which she polished off so daintily, haha!
    Nick, about the "Italian Cafe" outings. Krista, thank you-- also I have a question, how often does your Anna bloom? Krista, she is as fragrant as she is beautiful, yours and my kind-of-rose :D Lesley, oh, yes, Eluane is the PERFECT garden dog. She loves accompanying me, very gentle and careful with plants. She also gets real excited to see rose packages arrive at the doorway too, lol!Jim, it's great to see Baby Gunnar, and Baby G is such a Blessed Lucky boy to have you and Sue as his grandparents. Seil, oh I looove seeing puppies, so adorable! Renee, thanks so much for the compliments about the photography; I have a long ways to go and I also badly need a closeup lens...My eyesight is also deteriorating as well. Only until it's on the computer screen can I tell if there's any blur, so I actually have to multi-shoot, because many end up blurry. Renee, I forgot to mention in previous threads that BOTH! Viking Queen and Compassion are Florence-inspired. I wanted both roses after seeing Florence's gorgeous blooms.

Everyone here are some more photos I took, the ones I forgot to include, and one new rose plant, Coronado HT.

Climbing America:

Dwarf Mountain Laurel:

Viking Queen Climber (forgot to show individual blooms):
    Viking Queen, even though it's a "modern" rose still has the bloom form of an OGR, which I'm crazy about.

More HT form of Viking Queen:

Paso Doble: Just like the name a vivid orangish/scarlet red.

Compassion HT Climber:

Nepata- Walker's Low:

Coronado HT: I'm not a fan of the ruffled petals sort of look, but every brand new rose deserves its own special highlight, and at least Coronado's color reminds me so much of Chicago Peace. Very bright and intense Flamingo/Las Vegas Pink, haha!

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

More lovely blooms, Serena. The Mountain Laurel is charming as well. Anna de Diesbach has good repeat bloom for me, did take a few years to get established. It does not repeat quite as well as the Bourbons, however.

• serenasyh
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Krista for your kind words! and also about the info about Anna. I was thinking it is the once every 2 months type of bloomer but wasn't for sure yet. I just hope she blooms more frequently than Cornelia, haha! Cornelia is pretty much a once-bloomer with scattered itsy bitsy handful of flowere here and there. But Cornelia is young (just starting her 3rd year in my garden- but what GORGEOUS spring displays) and Anna is even younger so we will have to wait and see, lol!

I am predicting Anna will bloom once in Spring, once in Summer and once in Late fall. Does this sound right? Not exactly the once-a-month bloom of a Modern HT or a modern tea like Clementina Carbonieri. CC by the way is working on its 2nd flush. It's just starting its 2nd year in my garden so I'm very pleased. Okie is doing great and working on its 2nd flush too! Last year it was a once-bloomer with only 2 blooms. It's still not exactly prolific, but at least it does the expected once-a-month.

I also forgot to put up one more Lincoln bloom but I might as well do so now, to wish all mothers a Happy Mother's Day. Once summer drought hits, there will be less classical Lincoln spirals. Mostly pouffy, ruffles (better than Coronado's but still pouffy) because of our heat and sun angles.

Happy Mother's Day, everyone!! Puppy Eluane needs to wish her Mama a Happy Mother's Day, too, but as I told Jim, every day she would like to be a Daughter Day instead, lol! But she deserves it, she is so lovable :D

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    11 years ago

Happy Mothers Day evevyone! Lincoln bloom is looking good Serena! All your roses look great! Keep the lumps coming! he he

Sponsored
Iris Design Associates
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars22 Reviews
Northern Virginia Landscape Architect - 13x Best of Houzz Winner!