Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mashamcl

Some more spring roses

mashamcl
13 years ago

Violet Carson. It is new to me this year, and has been very good. I love the color, the blooms open well, and it is quite vigorous. It has a good fragrance too.

{{gwi:1239816}}

Roseraie de l'Hay

{{gwi:1239818}}

Classic Woman

{{gwi:1239820}}

Dame Edith Helen

{{gwi:1239822}}

Memorial Day, thanks to Christina

{{gwi:1239824}}

Sophie's Perpetual

{{gwi:1239826}}

Pat Austin

{{gwi:1239828}}

Sweet Pea, a tiny poly from Burlington Roses

{{gwi:1239830}}

Colette

{{gwi:1239831}}

Paradise Found

{{gwi:1239833}}

A salvia

{{gwi:1239835}}

Queen Mary II

{{gwi:1239837}}

{{gwi:1239839}}

Yves Piaget

{{gwi:1239841}}

Pretty Jessica

{{gwi:1239843}}

Ebb Tide

Margo Koster

The Imposter

Sutter's Gold

Intrigue

Regensberg

Sharifa Asma

Sheila's Perfume

Thanks for looking.

Masha

Comments (15)

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Scrumptous. Just what I need to have sweet dreams. Is that a calanchoe beneath Sweet Pea? Imposter looks great. Especially love your photo of Roseraie de l'Hay.

For some reason Classic Woman, the salvia, Yves Piaget and a few lower ones won't open even with a right click.

• inga007
    13 years ago

Unfortunately, I can't see any of your photos.
    It just says "Forbidden" on right click....

• kathy9norcal
    13 years ago

Beautiful roses, surroundings! I had to click on the x's and then close the new page to see some of the photos, but all opened that way.

• sanju
    13 years ago

Masha, I can't open the photos! It says I do not have access and to contact the owner. I am really keen to see them since I have ordered Sharifa, Pretty jess and Ebb Tide new this year and they will arrive next month.
    Sanju

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sorry everybody I have no idea what happened. They loaded for a while, then stopped. I think I got them to work now, at least they load for me:-). I wish I knew what is going on...

Masha

• hosenemesis
    13 years ago

Alright already- I'm getting Pat Austin. Are you happy now?
    Renee

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Now I see all. Keep returning to Ebb Tide. I'm thinking it might be effective with Heritage? Anyone use it with a clear pastel pink? Or another color it's particularly effective with?

• inga007
    13 years ago

Thank goodness I returned to this post. Today all the photos opened. They are lovely. Pat Austins bounty of blooms is just awesome.

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, everyone!

Renee, Pat Austin blooms well, and the red wood goes nicely with the blooms, but it blows really fast and has no vase life. The fragrance is strong...

Iris_gal, that's alyssum with Sweet Pea (it is that tiny!). I grow Ebb Tide with Sharifa like this:

{{gwi:209447}}

I think it looks beautiful with a blush pink. I also grow a sky-blue plumbago and that blue salvia next to it, which I think also works color-wise.

Thank you, Inga.

Masha

• newyorkrita
    13 years ago

They are all lovely but PAT AUSTIN looks stunning. I also just love that picture of Sophie's Perpetual with the rain drops.

• aimeekitty
    13 years ago

I really love Sophie's Perpetual!

• mashamcl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you, newyorkrita and aimeekitty. Sophie's Perpetual stays completely clean for me, blooms well, and the fragrance is great.

Here is that bloom of Paradise Found after it opened.

{{gwi:1239854}}

Masha

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

Oh Masha, Masha, Masha (apologies to The Brady Bunch LOL and to you) :)

Those are stunning. You had my daughter and I sighing in stunned amazement after every picture. Her Favorite is Classic Woman with the delphinium - she liked the sharp contrast in colors. I think my fav is Dame Edith ... Such a perfect looking rose! Your Ebb Tide with Sharifa Asma is incredible. The colors are perfect together!! And as a bonus - you've shown a few roses that I've ordered. Thank you, thank you!!! Droooool

Crol

• electricalumbilical
    13 years ago

Stunning color combinations. Lovely roses!

• sanju
    13 years ago

Wow, I love them all. Am really excited because I'm getting Ebb Tide and Sharifa this year and they look gorgeous. Love Violet Carson, that's on my list for next year and Pat Austin looks gorgeous, but might not last even a day out here in Aus since the summers can get too hot. Thanks for posting the lovely pics.
    Sanju

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA