Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some more spring roses

Posted by mashamcl 9 San Jose (My Page) on
Wed, May 26, 10 at 23:31

Violet Carson. It is new to me this year, and has been very good. I love the color, the blooms open well, and it is quite vigorous. It has a good fragrance too.

Roseraie de l'Hay

Classic Woman

Dame Edith Helen

Memorial Day, thanks to Christina

Sophie's Perpetual

Pat Austin

Sweet Pea, a tiny poly from Burlington Roses

Colette

Paradise Found

A salvia

Queen Mary II

Yves Piaget

Pretty Jessica

Ebb Tide

Margo Koster

The Imposter

Sutter's Gold

Intrigue

Regensberg

Sharifa Asma

Sheila's Perfume

Thanks for looking.

Masha

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some more spring roses

Scrumptous. Just what I need to have sweet dreams. Is that a calanchoe beneath Sweet Pea? Imposter looks great. Especially love your photo of Roseraie de l'Hay.

For some reason Classic Woman, the salvia, Yves Piaget and a few lower ones won't open even with a right click.

o

Unfortunately, I can't see any of your photos.
It just says "Forbidden" on right click....

o

Beautiful roses, surroundings! I had to click on the x's and then close the new page to see some of the photos, but all opened that way.

o

Masha, I can't open the photos! It says I do not have access and to contact the owner. I am really keen to see them since I have ordered Sharifa, Pretty jess and Ebb Tide new this year and they will arrive next month.
Sanju

o

Sorry everybody I have no idea what happened. They loaded for a while, then stopped. I think I got them to work now, at least they load for me:-). I wish I knew what is going on...

Masha

o

Alright already- I'm getting Pat Austin. Are you happy now?
Renee

o

Now I see all. Keep returning to Ebb Tide. I'm thinking it might be effective with Heritage? Anyone use it with a clear pastel pink? Or another color it's particularly effective with?

o

Thank goodness I returned to this post. Today all the photos opened. They are lovely. Pat Austins bounty of blooms is just awesome.

o

Thank you, everyone!

Renee, Pat Austin blooms well, and the red wood goes nicely with the blooms, but it blows really fast and has no vase life. The fragrance is strong...

Iris_gal, that's alyssum with Sweet Pea (it is that tiny!). I grow Ebb Tide with Sharifa like this:

I think it looks beautiful with a blush pink. I also grow a sky-blue plumbago and that blue salvia next to it, which I think also works color-wise.

Thank you, Inga.

Masha

o

They are all lovely but PAT AUSTIN looks stunning. I also just love that picture of Sophie's Perpetual with the rain drops.

o

I really love Sophie's Perpetual!

o

Thank you, newyorkrita and aimeekitty. Sophie's Perpetual stays completely clean for me, blooms well, and the fragrance is great.

Here is that bloom of Paradise Found after it opened.

Masha

o

Oh Masha, Masha, Masha (apologies to The Brady Bunch LOL and to you) :)

Those are stunning. You had my daughter and I sighing in stunned amazement after every picture. Her Favorite is Classic Woman with the delphinium - she liked the sharp contrast in colors. I think my fav is Dame Edith ... Such a perfect looking rose! Your Ebb Tide with Sharifa Asma is incredible. The colors are perfect together!! And as a bonus - you've shown a few roses that I've ordered. Thank you, thank you!!! Droooool

Crol

o

Stunning color combinations. Lovely roses!

o

Wow, I love them all. Am really excited because I'm getting Ebb Tide and Sharifa this year and they look gorgeous. Love Violet Carson, that's on my list for next year and Pat Austin looks gorgeous, but might not last even a day out here in Aus since the summers can get too hot. Thanks for posting the lovely pics.
Sanju

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here