Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Eureka, the best of my standards

Posted by kathy9norcal CA 9 (My Page) on
Sun, May 22, 11 at 23:38

This rose is almost 5 feet across and the best ever for a tree rose, IMHO. I strongly recommend this rose as it is without fault here in my very warm climate.
Here are some photos of its blooms and what it looks like right now.

That is Ebb Tide in the background and a neighbor's rose (which blooms just for us now--hah!) Blue columbine self-seeded from the side yard, where this color never actually appeared.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Eureka, the best of my standards

Wow! Eureka is indeed gorgeous - Does it start out as an apricot golden yellow and then age to yellow or vice versa? Another that I shall have to add to my wish list :)

o

Are all those Eureka blooms from one standard? That's pretty impressive. Wow - I agree with you - that's just perfect for a standard.

YOur whole yard looks great - and I like how you get to see all the blooms from your neighbors yard. Wow!

Thanks!
Carol

o

Very nice, vivacious Eureka tree rose, Kathy, very sunshiny! I've always loooved Boxofrox's Eureka and his gorgeous Eureka bouquets, and your roses remind me so how MUCH he's MISSED! Hope he will come back soon...

o

Blue, it starts out much brighter and ages to medium yellow as you see in the full tree photo.
It is just one standard. We had to support it with metal fence stakes as it kept tearing out its supports. You sometimes see less orange edges according to weather conditions.
Yes, the neighbor put some ugly hedge type bush in front of the rose and it hides it from them. They know nothing about gardening and their plantings are invading and leaning on the fence, destroying it. The put in a pool in their tiny yard, that they use twice a year. They tore out tons of trees to do the pool, leaving only one in the corner. It is an eyesore from our upstairs bedroom window--ghetto-like ugly pool furniture, ugh. It used to be such a pretty backdrop. She gets pms regularly and shrieks at her teenage son in the ugliest voice possible. Aaah, tiny California yards . . . and these are considered big for this area.

o

Thanks for posting another one of your many fab. blooms.

...ahhh! neighbors......

May be you should record her and play back?

o

What a gorgeous rose----I'm always amazed at your wonderful collection of roses---

Sorry to hear about your neighbor----we are very fortunate to have great neighbors-

Florence

o

Oh inga - that's a great idea - if one has the nerve. LOL

Carol

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Fri, May 27, 11 at 15:47

Awesome flowers! 'Eureka' is very good here and seems to get better every year. Your garden looks wonderful.

Block walls are so worth the money...

o

Your garden looks so beautiful. Would you mind to let me know where did you get your standard tree roses, Eureka and Our Lady of Guadalupe? Again, thank you for sharing your wonderful roses.

o

KhaVi, sure, I got them at my local Home Depot! When I saw, OLG, I was leaving the store. It was in the garden doorway in full bloom. I got to the car and turned around and went back. It scented the whole car. Back then, I could smell things with no problem.
There is also a well-known Sacramento nursery that has many standards, but they are not cheap there.

o

That Eureka is so beautiful! And so is the rest of your garden. You always have the most gorgeous roses. Thanks for sharing them with us.

o

Kathy--Those pics are amazing!!--Ron

o

Gorgeous tree rose! Love photo #4 the best. It really sparkles in your garden.

Juliet

o

Eureka has to be one the best blooming strongest roses. I gave one to my Mom many many many years ago. It survived with almost no care and would put on a beautiful show - flush after flush. Love Eureka! My Mom passed in January so I now have Eureka in our yard. Love your pics Kathy - so beautiful and I especially love the rose, flower combo! So Pretty!

o

That's a beautiful rose! Lovely Garden as well.

o

Wow, Kathy, your Eureka is gorgeous!!! Love it in your lovely garden! Awsome photos! :0)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Apr 1, 12 at 21:45

Oh it's gorgeous, Kathy!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here