Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

This weekend's blooms Part 1

bethnorcal9
13 years ago

So much blooming... so much fryin' goin' on in this heat. Gotta get the pics before they're all crispy critters!!!

DR DEBAT

{{gwi:1240396}}

ELSA KNOLL

{{gwi:1240397}}

GAIL

{{gwi:1240398}}

MAGGIE BARRY

{{gwi:1240399}}

OVER THE MOON

{{gwi:1240400}}

PEGGY ROCKEFELLER

{{gwi:1240401}}

POMPEII

{{gwi:1240402}}

PURE POETRY

{{gwi:1240404}}

PURPLE TORCH

{{gwi:1240405}}

REVELRY

{{gwi:1240406}}

Comments (10)

• iris_gal
    13 years ago

Looking at these reds is giving me a case of green envy.

• mashamcl
    13 years ago

Lovely roses as always, Beth. I love Pure Poetry. What is your opinion of Dr. Debat? I have been thinking off and on about getting it, not really my favorite color but an interesting rose...

Masha

• azurerose
    13 years ago

Ooo-I love Pompeii's color! How long do the blooms last? Is it healthy?

It's being sold by Interstate Nursery, which has a terrible reputation! Is the rose worth ordering from them? I don't see it available anywhere else.

• paula_b_gardener 5b_ON
    13 years ago

Hi,
    Is the Revelry that you have the hybrid or floribunda?

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Masha, DR DEBAT is a lovely rose. I got it yrs ago from Vintage, and it took a long time to grow. I don't know why, but own roots take forever for me. The plant averages about 3ft tall and 2ft wide. The blooms are gorgeous. They change color constantly. Going from pale apricot, yellow and lt pink, to darker peachy and pink shades. I don't remember if it has any scent or not. I love it.

Azure, POMPEII is a beautiful rose that lasts a decent time. The only problem with it, is it is severely virused. I don't really worry about virused roses, myself. In my climate, it tends to "burn off" in the summer time. But POMPEII, unfortunately is probably the most virused rose I have, maybe because it's not in complete full sun. It doesn't get the hot sun baking the virus into remission... I dunno. I think I got my plant from WalMart as a bagged bareroot many yrs ago, so I don't know who the supplier was at the time. It's a shame, because it's a beautiful rose.

Paula, REVELRY is a hybrid tea that Certified Roses introduced over 10yrs ago. I don't believe they still carry it anymore. It's a gorgeous rose that's extremely difficult to photograph accurately. I can't ever get the pics to come out right for some reason. It's classed as a dk red, but it's really a deep velvety purply-burgundy color, which I guess is often called "crimson." However, to me, it's not that "red." It has some scent and is really a very beautiful rose. I gets mildew and BS easily, so I think that might be why it's no longer available? I happen to like it a lot tho.

• ron_and_susan
    13 years ago

Beth--I have been growing Gail since it came out and my plant has more yellow in it. Here's a shot I took.--Ron

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

Lovely Roses----

Florence

• jean_ar
    13 years ago

Great photo's as usual, Beth,Love that PURE POETRY, rEALLY beautiful.

Jean

• canadian_rose
    13 years ago

I love your photo of Gail!! Ron's rose doesn't look anything like yours. Are they the same rose?

Revelry is also gorgeous looking. Mmmmm.

Carol

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    13 years ago

GAIL is a Dee Bennett mini-flora that was once classed as a floribunda. It is actually quite a tiny little bloom on a fairly large-sized plant. The coloring changes on it all the time. Certain times of the yr it looks like your pic, Ron. And other times it looks like my pic. As it opens up, it fades to a white & pink blend. At least that's how it is for me. I've had the rose for way over 10yrs. It's quite an interesting one.