Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hosenemesis

Double Delight and Julia Child

hosenemesis
11 years ago

The second flush of roses is coming on, and it's going to be a cane-breaker. Marmalade Skies is so filled with buds it scares me. Bishop's Castle will probably burn up, but it's loaded too. I'll post photos when they bloom.

Today there was a neat duo of blooms on Double Delight that showed up from across the garden, so I thought I'd share it with you.

Julia is in full bloom. I have been smashing katydid nymphs, which eat holes in the sides of each bud. The instant karma is rose thorns jammed into both hands.

And a shot of the succulents a bit earlier this year.

Renee

Comments (10)

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Ohhh, yes, that is PROLIFIC!!!! AND EVERY TINY CENTIMETER of your garden DAZZLING!!!! Love those succulents and purples/yellows!!!!

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    11 years ago

Love it! Beautiful healthy roses and a variety of other plants. Just love looking at rose garden pictures. Do feel free to give us more shots in the future. We promise to enjoy them. LOL

Kate

• boxofrox
    11 years ago

Renee, your garden is very Eden-esque, dare I say even heavenly :-)

DDs are so decadent that they almost make you feel guilty just looking at them. It's like you're glad they don't have one of those satisfaction per viewing labels on the side to inform you that you've exceeded your daily recommended dose. Once you've exceeded that you have to go and buy another one for yourself. I don't want to boast or nothing but fortunately I have a lot of will power and only have several ;-)

I love the mellow yellows and those semps are to die for. We have some originals from my late MIL. She's been gone since '84 and they are still thriving.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    11 years ago

Renee, your garden and your roses are magical. Your Julia Child is a picture of health and beauty. Even Double Delight, which is a rose I've always disliked, somehow manages to look pretty in your pictures. You have an artist's eye in your choice and placement of plants. Bravo!

Ingrid

• canadian_rose
    11 years ago

Wow!! Julia Child is such an amazing rose!!! It should be planted everywhere :)

DD looks great too - probably smells wonderful!!

I adore your last photo with those yellow trumpety looking flowers. That whole picture is amazing!!

Love it!!]
    Carol

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Gosh, you guys really know how to write. Your comments are very gratifying. Thank you. I'll take some full garden shots as soon as the plants grow enough to hide the big holes I have dug everywhere for the gophers.
    Renee

• Kippy
    11 years ago

Renee,

did you make the garden obelisks? I love them

• Krista_5NY
    11 years ago

Beautiful, very colorful blooms!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Your garden is beautiful! I love the shot of the succulents...it looks like a picture right out of a gardening book :) Also love Julia Child, one of these days I'll have to give her another shot (I think I just had a weak plant).

Tammy

• hosenemesis
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Kippy, those obelisk things were purchased. We built our first one, but the lumber added up to almost as much as the 59.99 fully constructed trellis!
    Renee