Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
boxofrox_2007

From Where I Sit and Some Roses Part 2

boxofrox
13 years ago

I sat in my Lazy Boy recliner and shot out towards my garden through the outdoor room to where I can just barely see the tips of my 'Easy' roses......this is kind of what it looked like from where I sit ;-)

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking !!!

{{gwi:1241184}}

{{gwi:1241185}}

Towards pond from BBQ

To Swing from BBQ

To BBQ from Swing

To Deck and Sunroom from BBQ

Flutterbye

{{gwi:1241190}}

Gertrude Jekyl

Tamora

Comments (8)

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    13 years ago

Nothing like sitting in a lazy-boy and shooting some pics. lol
    Your roses look great Boxofrox! Very nice yard & garden shots Boxofrox. Has your weather improved any?

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

GORGEOUS Woodwork Boxo, such a handsome view, with the deep colored woods! I am sure the fragrance of Gertrude Jeckyll is filling the air with her raspberry scent. Tamora is another outstanding lovely rose!

I love your Livin' Easy, and Easy Goin' They just brighten the skies! whoo-hoo! and looks like your sunshine is Back! I was having a fit yesterday because we got the clouds rolling back in and some rain, but sunshine now, what a relief! at least so far. I am desperate for sunshine.

By the way,hehe, I love that tin man-with-the-heart! Such a whimsical, cute ornament!

Boxo, if I didn't have your wonderful garden to look at, people would again have to cart me off to the loony bin each time we get those depressing, drenching rains. So always thanks for the cheering up that your garden constantly gives me!

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Lol, gotta agree with Jim, Boxo'. Nothing like sitting in a lazy-boy and shooting some pics. :P Especially so when the object you're shooting is a heavenly garden like yours! Is that your lovely wife in the :)
    "To Swing from BBQ" photo?

And like, Serena, I LOVE your woodwork, Tinman-with-a- heart, view, etc. You and your wife are livin' the good life! Thanks for sharing a part of it with us. :)

Debbie

• zeffyrose
    13 years ago

How wonderful to be able to sit inside and still be able to enjoy your roses-----

LOVE the tin man------and your roses

Florence

• boxofrox
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Debbie,

Yes, that is the inimitable Miss boxofrox-anna ;-)

Few have a relationship with their father like my bride had with hers. He made that Tinman for her so you can only imagine how special it is to her now that he is gone :-)

Yeah that recliner/camera thang is definitely not over-rated. I can see all my hummer and seed feeders both front and back with a quick little swivel :-) I can also look into a mirror on the back wall of the sunroom and see to the pond........

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Mr. Boxo', a good relationship with one's father is HUGE. Glad to hear Anna had that--wish everyone did as that is so important. :) I also had a special relationship with my father, though daddy is in heaven now--prolly thinkin' up some cool things for his children as he has an awesome mind. ;)

Also want to say what a wonderful view with a quick little swivel. Love it, and I can tell that you do too! ;)

You and Miss Boxo' have a great one.

Debbie

• serenasyh
    13 years ago

what a wonderful sweet story with the Tinman Boxo! Hurray for Dads, Debbie! My daddy is a biochemist/scientist, but I never got into the field, unlike my doctor brother- just a 3D animator and it stayed that way. My only wacked out version is my organics experiments in my garden! hahahaha!

But my daddy I count amongst the BEST of Dads too! :D

• dove_song
    13 years ago

Glad to hear you love and admire your daddy, Serena, and it's great to learn more about you and your family! :D

Hugs,
    Debbie