Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Climbing Pinkie this year

Posted by hosenemesis SoCal Sunset 19 USDA (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 20, 12 at 1:15

Pinkie is blooming. It did not have much of a spring flush at all, and this flush is paler in color and is not lasting as long as last year's. I guess it's the weather. Anyway, here's a photo I took today, just click on the link to see three more.
Renee

From Climbing Pinkie 2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Climbing Pinkie this year

Lovely climber! Every time I see Pinkie, I think I should have one--until I remember I have no open spots left--alas!

Thanks for sharing.

Kate

o

Renee, what a beauty!!!! I am absolutely speechless. My favorite is the fourth photo.
I am so glad I've got a new plant of Cl. Pinkie!
Marina

o

OOOH-La-La Renee. Not just Pinkie but the rest of the lushness as well.

I especially love #2 for the garden accents, color, and geometry. Plus I love shots that kind of play peekaboo and add depth with a glimpse into a distant part of the garden. I almost found myself stretching out my neck and cocking my head to try and see where the pathway led after the arch and the lawn. Not to mention the fact that DD adds a lot to any foto ;-)

o

Magnificent, I love the abundance of blooms.

o

Renee, I'm so envious! It's absolutely gorgeous. Mine just dwindled and mildewed (it didn't get morning sun). Your garden is really lovely. I hope you post more pictures of it.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by TNY78 7a-East TN (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 21, 12 at 18:01

Beautiful plant Renee! I love seeing fully mature garden/bush shots! I agree with Marina, my favorite is #4!

Tammy

o

Ohhhh, GEEEEMINY CRICKET, that is FABULOSA!!!! Pinkie and the garden are so ACE!

o

Lovely pictures---I love seeing all the different shots.

Florence

o

Wow!! That's amazing. I'm staggered. Nothing here gets that wonderful.
Carol

o

Dublinbay,

Don't forget that climbing roses fill the air. All you need is enough space to put the roots down. If crowding is a problem, then put down smaller roots and your climbers will grow.. making their own space. It's good to have plants around the bottom anyway to cover up their feet.

Just my 2 cents.
Xtal

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here