Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dublinbay

June Garden Views

dublinbay z6 (KS)
11 years ago

The roses are moving into their second blooming cycle and the lilies are beginning to open. I just love how the gardens change from one month to the next. Hope you enjoy some of these garden views.

The Perfumed Path--couple smelly Double Delights on the right side of the path, plus Elle, the new Red Intuition, and Chrysler Imperial down at the end there (and another terrific smeller). Hiding behind the red bush on the left is an aromatic Valencia also.

{{gwi:258634}}

Closer view of the far end of the Perfumed Path: Double Delight next to the yellow Black-eyed Susan plus Chrysler Imperial (the most blooms I've ever seen on this rather stingy-bloomer!). In the background, can you see all the lilies in bud? Can't wait for them to bloom!

Speaking of lilies, this one is new, and blooms earlier than I expected--the lovely Silk Road.

Silk Road Lilies paired with blue larkspur (almost finished blooming for the year) and a nice full Austin rose, Molineux.

{{gwi:228926}}

Some more of that lucious blue larkspur, with yellow yarrow.

Earth Song and white garden phlox--in same bed as the blue larkspur.

Just starting to bloom, Strawberry Vanilla Hydrangea (the blooms are supposed to turn pink on the bottom and white on the top, but mine didn't do that last year--its first year. Hopefully this year . . . . See the Double Knock Out by the white car? And a narrow bed of roses next to my neighbor's garage (other side of driveway)?

Our Lady of Guadalupe--I'm astounded at the number of buds and blooms on the 4th year floribunda.

Oops--another non-rose pic, but I think this picture is really cool--it's my brand-new hosta Gypsy Rose. Would you like her to entertain you?

Since we are on non-roses, might as well throw in an example of the daylilies that are beginning to open.

Lest you think I strayed too far, how is this rose? I'd call Chrysler Imperial about as rosy as a rose can get!

Hope you enjoyed the garden views. : )

Kate

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County