Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
serenasyh

lopsided garden and cabbage patch roses....

serenasyh
14 years ago

Everyone, this is dedicated to JeffAurora and Boxofrox as a plea that they when they go on vacation not! to stay away too long! I will be howling in desperation...where would I be without their roses! I'd only have my own pathetic collection to puzzle over....

So LOL! here is me showcasing my lopsided, pom-pom roses... With the Kansas harsh heat, my blossoms end up crooked and funny lookin'. This was the last! classical Lincoln tea form that I ever had! from the Lincoln bush that Monster Rabbit ate, way back in May before the heat wave and sun intensity struck!

That bush's foliage is now fat and fluffy, but then, so are its cabbage flowers. Now all I have are a breed of comical, lumpy Lincoln blooms from both sibling Lincolns.

Here is Gemini, again looking funny and quite a mushroom compared to JeffÂs beautiful GeminiÂAnd unlike Jeff who has very even beautiful coloration, mine has the color consistency of a roasted, Kansas-baked marshmallow, hee-hee! So that is why I completely drool over JeffÂs closeup roses and the beautiful landscape of Boxofrox's garden and his bouquets...

Sometimes I get a classical bud before the mushroom strikes Here is TiffanyÂ

Here is my hybrid Fragrant Cloud that is acting and looking like a Floribunda instead of an HT

Strangely my 2 Special Occasion baby bands are the only one to resemble any sort of classical HT. Maybe because theyÂre so small? But I have more buds that are getting ready to bloom so weÂll see what the rest look likeÂ

Finally here are my jungle gladiolus I donÂt think IÂll bother winterizing them They make my garden even more lopsided than it already is because some of the glads lean too much The orange glads and the Lincolns actually go really nice together, however, and I love the shape of the pink glads.

Hurry and come back from vacation Jeff!

Comments (5)