Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ebb Tide or Twilight Zone?

Posted by barb_r Z8 western Wa (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 18, 14 at 4:17

Which one? Any suggestions on roses of similar color on their own roots?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ebb Tide or Twilight Zone?

The Prince, a David Austin rose

o

• Posted by barb_r Z8 western Wa (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 19, 14 at 3:38

Been researching. Now I want all three. Thanks for the tip Mauve!

o

Twilight Zone has received more favorable reviews here due to less fade in summer temps. I saw both this May at a municipal garden and only the slightly larger flowers on Twilight distinguished it from Ebb Tide. But they photographed differently!

o

The Prince is one tick towards purple from WS2000. It's still red, not purple. TZ, ET, and MB are truer towards purple along with Night Owl.

I dug through my archives for these bouquets I did for serena with WS2000/TP and some purple/white dahlias

WS2000/The Prince photo IMG_2204.jpg

The Prince Bouquet photo IMG_2007.jpg

The Prince Bouquet photo IMG_1912.jpg

These are pretty true to color.......

o

I own all three and prefer the color of Ebb Tide. Twilight Zone is a better all around rose bush. The leaves are healthier and it is a stronger grower...in my garden. The Prince just isn't what I would consider purple, but it is a dark red, in my yard. Maybe it will change as it matures, or during the Fall.

Lynn

o

Oh,
All three are fragrant.

Lynn

o

• Posted by barb_r Z8 western Wa (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 20, 14 at 23:02

Thank you all for the help and the pictures. I'm leaning toward getting both Twilight Zone and Ebb Tide. I used to have Midnight Blue but my husband made me move it in the summer and it didn't get enough water. I want something with a fuller blossom than that. I might polk around for a bright orange or bright yellow rose as well. I would prefer to have own root. I see Heirloom has both Ebb Tide and Twilight zone own root.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here