Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sara_ann_gw

Perfecf Peace?

sara_ann-z6bok
9 years ago

I've been waiting for that elusive perfect Peace bloom, this seems to be the best I can do. I would love to see yours.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Fri, Jun 27, 14 at 10:50

Comments (31)

• densiemill Miller
    9 years ago

Beautiful. The more I learn about roses the more amazed I am at how many roses look so similar. I don't have Peace but I have Charlotte Brownell which is pictured here and your Peace reminds me so much of this one.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Denise - Very lovely, and they do look similar. I just looked up Charlotte Brownell on Help Me Find and Peace is in its parentage.

• mossy_z7wa
    9 years ago

It's hard to pick a favorite out of literally thousands of photos, but here are three of my best.

• mossy_z7wa
    9 years ago

Number two

• mossy_z7wa
    9 years ago

Number three

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Mossy - Those are very pretty, especially like the third picture.

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

I really need to buy this rose. Had it a few years ago but it died. Beautiful!! Judy

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Oh, Mossy and Sara--I'm weak with desire! Such beautiful photos of Peace--my favorite rose/colors in the whole world.

But alas! she blackspots! Such a shame. I gave up on her after several futile tries. But I do adore looking at good photos of her.

Kate

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kate - Thank you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that Peace will stay healthy, so far it has.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sat, Jun 28, 14 at 13:42

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

And this bloom today, after the rain!

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh you guys!!!! I can't believe that Peace can really look that pretty. I've never seen it in person - but WOW - those are gorgeous pictures!!!
    Carol

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Carol. Peace can be quite a lovely rose. I remember when I was a novice and every bloom was a special event, my Peace had seven of the most perfectly formed buds, back then I used to cut more of them to share and I took it to my mom's workplace, she loved it! I put them in a turquoise vase, it was so beautiful.

• paulieinct
    9 years ago

Excellent pix. Sara-Ann, your last pic may be just about perfect. I myself have tried to grow this rose several times. Just too much blackspot in our climate.

• seil zone 6b MI
    9 years ago

Well, there is a reason why Peace is one of the most beloved roes of all time and why it's still around. You've just shown us why!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you Paul and Seil - Peace is a beautiful rose. I do hope mine stay reasonably healthy.

• seaweed0212
    9 years ago

Dear Sara-Ann,
    Really admire your Peace, awesome!!!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you seaweed.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The classic Peace Rose I love

• DrPekeMom
    9 years ago

My best one so far.

• a_roy
    9 years ago

Outstanding picture. The history of this rose is impressive also.

Here is a link that might be useful: History of Peace rose

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you for the refresher on the history of Peace. Besides its beauty, it's one reason I love this rose so much.

This post was edited by Sara-Ann on Sun, Jul 27, 14 at 15:02

• boncrow66
    9 years ago

Sara-Ann both pics of your Peace are perfect, I especially love the second one. Thanks for sharing!

• ravi123
    9 years ago

I think that is the perfect. I find in so many places and get from this site.
    If you find red and Black mixed rose than please tell me because I love to see that rose in my Garden.

• illutionary
    9 years ago

Wow, there are so many exquisite Peace specimens. Well done everyone. :)

• DrPekeMom
    9 years ago

Here's a pretty one I got today!!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

DrPekeMom - That's a lovely picture of Peace. Neptune44 - Your picture is beautiful. I remember you posting a few rose pictures earlier and that they were lovely, been waiting to see some.

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

I took this one a few years ago. Love this rose.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Brittie - That is gorgeous!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Thanks! Took it in November, I think, 2010.

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Peace has so many looks!

• sara_ann-z6bok
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Another look.