Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pearly Gates

Posted by rose_toes none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 9:31

I love my Pearly Gates! Here I have 3 planted on the side of my house and they're about 7 feet tall. I decided to post a photo of them last year (second year of growth) and several photos of them this year (third year). They are sending up canes like mad since they bloomed...one is 9 feet! If they really do take off in their third year of growth I will be thrilled...I'd love to cover at least 3/4 of this 12-ft lattice! Last year they bloomed continuously into October, nothing like the first flush but still always at least a dozen or more lovely blooms at any time to earn its keep. They smell lovely but they receive 6+ hours of hot hot sun where I have them so the blooms only last 3-4 days before they shatter.

Second year Pearly Gates
 photo IMG_20130516_085039_998_zpsa0841652.jpg

Third year spring flush
 photo DSCN1590_zpsa2e8fc9e.jpg

photo DSCN1592_zps4d87f702.jpg

photo DSCN1588_zps3d58339e.jpg

photo DSCN1590_zps76f20684.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pearly Gates

I suppose one can see how my Dane has grown since last year, too! Lot's of growing going on here in Virginia Beach!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 9:43

Your rose and your dog are beautiful!

o

Rose_toes - I fell in love with this rose when you posted it last year, but it's even better now, so gorgeous. Nice dog too.

o

Oh, my goodness! I have never seen such a show of flower power. Can you tell me what exactly is the coloring of Pearly Gates? Is it blush or light apricot or peach? It is so hard to tell from photo.

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 9, 14 at 16:25

Gorgeous!!!

o

Simply beautiful!!!!

o

Love the dark pink rose paired with Pearly Gates.

o

That's hard to fathom!! I would never see the like here.
You've done a beautiful job with it.
Congratulations!!
Carol

o

Thank you all so much. Pearly Gates was my first rose and has given me great confidence and your compliments are so appreciated!

Kousa - I will post a close up when the next one opens. They have an apricot colored center that fades to light pink quickly. It's a warm, alluringly peachy light pink that has a glow to it.

o

Oh wow !!! These are just the most inspiring pictures !! Fantastic.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here