Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Austins and other roses

Posted by dublinbay z6 KS (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 10:00

I was enjoying my daughter's photos (taken Memorial Day) of my garden and decided to share a few more with you.

Two versions of Austin's Molineux. Yes, the colors can change that much from day to day. It can also get a creamy white/yellow blend.

Photobucket Photobucket

Here's a lesser known Austin: Mortimer Sackler, a climber that I keep trimmed back into a tall shrub. Good disease-resistance.
Photobucket

Austin's Queen of Sweden usually blooms just perfect, but I see a hint of brown edges on these. Another rose with good disease-resistance.
Photobucket

My namesake--Dublin Bay. Excellent climber.
Photobucket

My Earthsong went crazy with blooms this year. But then I moved her to a different spot in the garden, so I don't know if I'll be getting many more blooms from her this summer or not.
Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed those.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Austins and other roses

Exquisite Kate. The second day shots of Molineux colorwise almost remind me of Tamora and Darby and Earthsong's color and uprightness of Pretty Jessica.

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 11:20

Nice roses Kate! Earthsong a good rose, so you should hopefully get more blooms, even after transplanting... :-)

o

Beautiful Roses! The Austin Roses, which rose in you opion, keeps the longest, with strong fragrance. I have "Alexander of Kent and The Alinwick Rose". I'm ditching because the blooms drop off in 1-day and little to no fragrance.

I want to get some newbies in the Fall.

o

Mortimer Sackler is one of my favorite Austins, so graceful.

Thanks for posting your lovely roses.

o

An outstanding array of Austin roses of which am a big fan. Please post more soon.
Harold

o

Yeah, your Earth Song looks spectacular!! Talk about a bloomfest!!

Queen of Sweden looks exceptional to me. I didn't see any brown. I can't wait for mine to bloom

Molineux can really change that much? That's interesting. I like the more yellow look better. But they're both beautiful.

Thanks for the beauty!!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here