Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nummykitchen

Lots of blooms from this past week...my Spring Flush!

nummykitchen
10 years ago

More blooms from my Michigan garden, enjoy! I think this is finally my "Spring Flush" -- my first one ever :-)

Double Take

Grimaldi blooming like crazy

Raspberry Cream Twirl Climber

Rock n Roll -- one of my favorites from last year, this is the first bloom this year

Barbara Bush

Cafe Ole -- new one from RVR

Double Delight

Paradise

Monkey Business

Roses along the fence line, I'm working on a border idea...I'd like to have it edged and mulched with a border but not sure when that will be able to get done!

Blue Lagoon

Ketchup & Mustard

Dr. Brownell

Ink Spots -- the red is a lot darker in real life

Granada -- not the best photo

Julio Iglesias

Medallion

Henri Matisse with White Knight peeking in at the bottom

Pink Don Juan

I believe this is Cl America although it was labeled as Pink Fountain

New Year

That's all for today folks! Thanks for letting me share!

Andrea

This post was edited by nummykitchen on Fri, Jun 21, 13 at 10:55

Comments (12)

• jaceysgranny
    10 years ago

They are all just glorious! I Especially like Climbing America and Monkey Business. Thank you for sharing. Nancy

• sara_ann-z6bok
    10 years ago

You have some very nice roses. I've seen lots of striped roses on this forum, never had any, but might have to try one or two, Rock 'n Roll looks very lovely. I especially like your Double Delight and Granada.

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    10 years ago

Andrea, what an impressive array of plants. How exciting is that, your first spring flush! I'm smitten with Rasberry Cream Twirl Climber, a really beautiful striped rose that I hadn't heard of. I had Julio Iglesias, which didn't do well for me, but yours is thriving. I thought it smelled wonderful. Congratulations on having done such a great job.

Ingrid

• lesmc
    10 years ago

Beautiful roses. You have a lovely collection! They are very lush and healthy. Thanks for sharing! lesley

• TNY78
    10 years ago

LOVE them! I still can't get over your Grimaldi while mine is in an enternal slump! I also really like Henri Mattise and Blue Lagoon! I just added Raspberry Cream Twirl this year from Edmunds, and so far I really like it!

Tammy

• jeannie2009
    10 years ago

Each is more lovely than the last. I can almost smell them. Raspberry Creme Twirl is stunning. I'm going to have to get one. Thanks for sharing.
    Jeannie

• canadian_rose
    10 years ago

Raspberry Cream, Rock and Roll, Henri Mattise are my favorites!! Gorgeous!!

I have Paradise, but it never blooms much. How is yours? Mine also has no scent. How about yours?

Thanks for the beauty!!
    Carol

• nummykitchen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone! I am having so much fun growing roses, I never liked gardening at all until I started with the roses last spring and now it is nice to see the rewards from all of that hard work!

jaceysgranny -- thanks! I am really enjoying monkey business, I mainly bought it because I thought my kids would get a kick out of the name and I was intrigued by the "licorice" scent that was mentioned when I bought it (although I haven't really noticed it yet)

Sara-Ann -- if I were to only have one striped one it would be Rock n Roll, I am just so impressed with the blooms and the rich colors. Give it a try and I think you'll love it too!

Ingrid -- thank you for the compliments! RCT is great, I believe it was introduced in Europe under another name. My Julio bush is not that big but it sure likes to bloom!

Lesley -- thank you :)

Tammy -- Thanks!! I wonder what is up with your Grimaldi? Did you say it was still in a pot? Mine went straight into the ground from RU and it has loved it. I didn't get many blooms last year (a handful) but maybe it appreciated the Michigan winter? It did have a significant amount of die back but has bounced right back. I just noticed a huge basal cane coming up this morning so I am excited! My Raspberry C.T. is also from Edmunds and I cannot believe the growth on that one -- the most of all the roses I planted -- I'd say give it a lot of space if you can!

Jeannie -- thank you! I think you'll love Raspberry Cream Twirl if you give it a chance. I got mine from Edmunds and it has been such a strong grower.

Carol -- thanks, I love those stripey roses! My Paradise has no scent either but I love the blooms, they are shapely and seem to last quite a while on the bush without losing form. I bought a 3rd Paradise this year since my two from last year were such strong bloomer. I have one in a not so sunny location and it does surprisingly well so maybe it appreciates a little shade. How is yours with sun?

• iris_gal
    10 years ago

I think that's a wonderful picture of Granada!

Monkey Business always appeals to me more than Julia Child when I see pictures ???

New York looks like orange sherbet and Pink Don Juan is delicious too.

But I love, love Raspberry Cream Twirl -- major Swoon.

• seil zone 6b MI
    10 years ago

So beautiful, Andrea! I found Double Take this spring at Meijers but I haven't had any blooms that pretty yet!

• nanadollZ7 SWIdaho
    10 years ago

It was worth the wait for that first flush wasn't it, Andrea, especially when you have such a lush and lovely group as this. And now we can enjoy these pics again in gray November while dreaming of spring. I like your idea of growing roses both on the fence as climbers and in front of the fence. It's going to become more and more impressive as the roses grow. Climbing America is especially beautiful. Diane

• Ashley (Idaho zone 5b)
    7 years ago

do you have more pictures of your Raspberry Cream Twirl 'Meiteratol' climber? i planted three in my yard and want to know what to expect for growth :)