Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bolero, little bush with big flowers!

Posted by rochesterroseman zone5 NY (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 11:05

Bolero is going into its 3rd season. It's still quite small, but covered itself with buds. The flowers open as large as my Austin roses like Golden Celebration and Evelyn. They smell good too.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bolero, little bush with big flowers!

• Posted by aprille z9 CA bay area (My Page) on
    Tue, Jun 12, 07 at 12:52

Gorgeous! I was heart-broken when my bare-root Bolero never broke dormancy no matter what I did this year - I lost several bare-roots this year :o( - I'm going to try again next year - specially after seeing your pictures.

Aprille

o

Ooh, I have this one. Beautiful photos. I think this is one of those roses that I may need more than one.

Carla

o

I so look forward getting this rose for my cutting garden!!! Thanks for sharing Pictures of it!!

o

wow,I love this one.Its gorgeous,and very good photos,too.

Jean

o

Beautiful rose, great photographs. Wonder what it would look like in thrip heaven? :(

o

What a lovely rose, and so healthy-looking. I used to live near you (in Dansville) - lots of pretty gardens up your way.

Carol

o

Nice closeup. I have this too and it's my favorite rose that I have planted this year. Interesting - it's a seedling of Austin's Fair Bianca, and a vast improvement: larger flowers and a heady old rose fragrance (Fair Bianca is one of the myrrh-scented Austins). What it did inherit from FB is the small growth habit. Carla, I agree, I think I need more than one as well!

George

o

Great pic. Highly recommend this rose for a big, beautiful, fragrant white. Good in a container since it's short.

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 14, 07 at 15:37

Your Bolero looks great! So many flowers on a little plant. I got one this year and like it very much.

o

rochesterroseman,

I love the pictures of your Bolero! I have been dreaming of getting this rose this year. Do you find it to be repeat blooming? And where did you get yours? The only place I know so far is RosesUnlimited and they have the floribunda. Helpmefind says there is a grandiflora too. Which one do you have?

Thank you for your help.

Katyajini

o

HI! Thanks for the beautiful picture.

I was planning to get this too. But I have a similar question as Katyajini's, which Bolero is this? In HelpMeFind there's a HT form also. Is your the floribunda 2004 by Meilland? I think Sequoia Nursery sells it too.

Chi C

o

Yes, this is the 2004 Meilland floribunda "Meidelweis".

George

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here