Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bronx roses

Posted by long_island_rose Eastern LI z6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 7, 09 at 11:12

Here are a few photos from my visit to the Bronx roses yesterday (the NYBG). The garden is magnificent!

The week before I went to the CRG in Brooklyn - disappointed to see it in such disarray, including overgrown roses cascading into walkways and covering their smaller neighbors, Dr. Huey climbing half an arbor where City of York once stood, weeds galore in the center beds).

LIR

Here is a link that might be useful: Bronx roses

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bronx roses

Wow, and I loved the tree roses! was dying to see some really big showy hybrid tea pink ones...Gorgeous pics, thanks so much for sharing!

o

That is one beautiful garden! That must be a wonderful site and breath of fresh air in the middle of the big city. Thanks for sharing.

o

Wow. Am Speechless.

How do they do that? I wish I knew what the roses were!

Lynn

o

Beautiful Roses gardens. Thanks for shareing all those lovely pictures. I bet you had a great time touring everything.

o

Thank you! I added the rose names I remember to the pictures. Among them: Parade, Iceberg, Sally Holmes, Chicago Peace, and Johann Strauss (the tree roses). As time permits, I'll try to add more photos.

LIR

o

Wow!! We're having such crappy weather - snow - and it's just lovely to see that there is a summer somewhere. Beautiful!!!

Is the apricot colored Austin - William Morris? A Shropshire Lad? or something else?

Carol

o

Great show! I'll come back to see more.

Gary

o

I've completed the photo upload with lots more pictures. Thanks for your comments.
LIR

Here is a link that might be useful: More Bronx Roses

o

Love your pictures. Thanks so much for posting them so we can all enjoy them.

o
what a beautiful slide show that I keep revisiting

LongIslandRose, just wanted to say how much! I enjoy re-visiting your slide show and Boxofrox's garden.... 3 weeks after you first posted the gardens I showed my Dad your photos of the NYBG...but forgot to repost this to let you know that I loved seeing the new ones (at first there were about 8) and now I get to see this next new collection... I am bookmarking!!! Just beautiful! It is enabling my next climbing roseplanting craze for 2010... I was dedicating 5 new climbing roses to be planted, but this slide show is not helping my lunacy, LOL! One of them looks like Royal Sunset and one looks like Zephirine, 2 of the ones I'm attempting to get....

Again, what a magnificent collection of photos!

o

Wendy those are beautiful shots it is a great garden and has the staff to maintain it. I'm disappointed they removed so many established old roses to put in an Austin collection (which is beautiful). Brooklyn is so sad they have some of the best rose truly piled on top of one another and so musch root stock growing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here