Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bethnorcal9

Finally posting a few more pics

bethnorcal9
12 years ago

OMG it's taking me forever to get all these photos adjusted! I've still got about 300 to do, and I keep adding. Aaaaah!!

Here are a few that've bloomed in the last couple weeks...

CROWD PLEASER

{{gwi:1244113}}

FRANCE LIBRE

{{gwi:1244114}}

GOLD SPICE - new one from Hortico that doesn't quite look like what it's supposed to be, but I kinda like the little curly-Qs in the center...

{{gwi:1244115}}

KOKO LOCO

{{gwi:1244116}}

PROSPERO

{{gwi:1244117}}

RUSTY

{{gwi:1244118}}

TEASING GEORGIA

{{gwi:1244119}}

TOM BROWN - one of the mother plants I got from Cliff...

{{gwi:1244120}}

VICTOR BORGE

{{gwi:1244121}}

And here's my first blooming OP seedling from this yr!

SINGIN' IN THE RAIN X UNKNOWN - unfortunately the seedlings got major powdery mildew, so the tips of the petals are all brown...

{{gwi:1244122}}

Comments (13)

• C Schaffner
    12 years ago

I love that Rusty. A new one for my list!! Is it disease resistant?

• Krista_5NY
    12 years ago

Beautiful pic of Prospero, love the color.

• jim1961 / Central Pennsylvania / Zone 6
    12 years ago

Great rose pics Beth! Rusty does look awesome...

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Glad to see you posting again, Beth! I have read about Koko Loco, but you showed me the first pic. Interesting color. That Tom Brown has also a very unusual color, quite stunning!

Thanks for sharing your lovelies!

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• phatboyrose
    12 years ago

Ms. Beth glad you posted some more of your always beautiful roses. I am impressed with Crowd Pleaser. Thank You for sharing.
    Harold

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

AHHHHH, I have been wondering where your beautiful rose pictures were! Tell me all about France Libre..

• bethnorcal9
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Pelicanhead, RUSTY is usually fairly disease resistant, but this season, none of the roses seemed to escape the BS from all that rain and cold temps.

Thanks Krista. And that photo doesn't even do PROSPERO justice. It's such a yummy deep velvety purple-burgundy color.

Jim, RUSTY is a really good one. You need to have it!!

Christina, I think I'm going to love that KOKO LOCO!! It's so interesting, and just enough different from many of my other oddball-colored roses in that beigey-lavenderish range. And TOM BROWN is an absolutely impossible rose to get. I just barely snagged it from Cliff. Another one I'm going to be in love with!

Thanks Harold. Isn't that CROWD PLEASER a lovely one? I got that plant a couple yrs ago when my other one nearly died. But it recovered pretty well, so now I have two!

And Queenbee, FRANCE LIBRE is one I got from Ashdown Roses several yrs ago, before they closed up. So far it's been a pretty nice rose. Doesn't repeat all that great, but it's pretty when it does. The color is usually a deeper orange than this photo. The weird weather has a lot of my roses looking a bit off.

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Beth the coffee-colored roses are making a fantastic show :)

I love Rusty and Crowd Pleaser too!

• seil zone 6b MI
    12 years ago

I'm in the same boat with my pics, Beth! Sooo many roses blooming, too many photos taken, 10 days of rose show frenzy and I'm way behind on editing, lol.

But your roses and photos are beautiful. You know I like the odd ball colors like you do!

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Beautiful as always, beth.I really like Rusty,Had not heard of it before.

Jean

• kasiec
    12 years ago

I've always enjoy viewing all of your beautiful roses Beth. I love the odd ball colors and the striped ones too.

Kasie

• inga007
    12 years ago

Looking forward to viewing the other 300, or so.
    Love the CROWD PLEASER. :>)

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

Oh!!! I adore Crowd Pleaser - what a lovely color!! Wow! Wow!! Wow!!

I also love your Prospero and France Libre.

I would take any of those in a heart beat.

Thanks so much!!!

Carol