Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hrose_gw

Erotica HT

Hrose
11 years ago

my camera is old and these pictures do no justice to the actual color of this rose the roses look 10 times better in real life (example first picture i got off the internet) my camera is only 3.5 MP

this rose looks just like Olympiad only better its got intense sweet fragrance

http://s840.photobucket.com/albums/zz322/amon_03/Erotica/

Comments (20)

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

HRose, What a beauty! Hey, I noticed you have Photobucket. Photobucket makes it super easy to show your images.

If you Mouse over any! of your thumbnail images, Photobucket will have 4 Links on it. Go to the 3rd link that says "HTML code" Click and copy that line. Go to your message and Paste that code into your message and your image should show up once you Preview the message :)

Web designers actually have a different method but Photobucket tries to make it easy for regular folks, lol!

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Oops, forgot to explain Rosie folks the image above is from HRose's....and was demo-ing how it would show up.....

• seil zone 6b MI
    11 years ago

That's a beauty!

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

{{gwi:295717}}

{{gwi:295716}}

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks Seren,

thanks Seil and for all the help!

• TNY78
    11 years ago

Really really nice! How does it do during the winter for you? Does it get much blackspot where you are?

Tammy

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

TNY78

they do very well over winter (with winter protection of course)i have three of them and i got cane dieback on only one and it was only one cane on the plant
    and that's because that cane started growing out in the fall very vigorous plants too one is 5 ft tall and the other two are about 4 ft tall and ive only had them for about 1 yr

only problem is BLACKSPOT but it was my first spring with them and i didnt spray because i wanst expecting blackspot next spring i will be armed and ready with my Sulphur spray as soon as i see new leaves i will start spraying

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

So pretty!

• ken-n.ga.mts
    11 years ago

Where can you buy this older beauty at??

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

Hurrray, HRose, so happy you can get your gorgeous roses online so that EVERYONE can now ooo-and-aaaaah over them. :D

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ken if you live in Ontario you could buy it from LOWES they come in 2 gallon pots $16 they are on sale this week for $14

• flaurabunda
    11 years ago

That first pic posted isn't Erotica. It's lifted from Dave Bang's own creation, "40th" Rose.

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

flaurabunda

no really? i already mentioned that i got the first pic off the internet

its just an example of the roses true color that my camera couldnt capture but thanks for pointing that out buddy

good job!

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

and that first picture is a picture of an Olympiad rose not a 40th rose

• nummykitchen
    11 years ago

Gorgeous rose! Love the darker shading on the petal edges, so much depth to this one. Glad you can share photos easier now!

• flaurabunda
    11 years ago

It's not Olympiad; it's Dave's own creation, which he named "40th". It's Olympiad crossed with Love. He has some astounding photos out there, for sure!

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

hmm i now know its not Olympiad my newly planted Olympiad rose just opened its first bud and it doesnt look like the Erotica's at all and for people that say Olympiad doesnt smell they are wrong or their sense of smell is very poor

Olympiad rose does have fragrance not as much as Mr Lincoln but it does have fragrance

out of all my red roses ( Olympiad,Mr Lincoln,Let freedom ring,Oklahoma,Erotica) Erotica is the winner for me the shape of the rose the fragrance the color how long it holds its form once cut looks like a model rose (like the ones you buy at the store on Valentines day for ur girl) from start to finish

the first picture i posted daves own creation picture is exactly how this rose looks in real life too bad my camera couldnt capture the true color

• serenasyh
    11 years ago

HRose funny you should mention fragrance, but I'm not finding any rose equal to Mr. Lincoln's smell yet! I even have Climbing Etoile de Holland that Old Garden Rose folks claim is the most fragrant of all roses. But much to my shock it was only a very pleasant "light" fragrance similar to the Peace Rose! I was expecting heavy damask....It's true that Mr. Lincoln in terms of form cannot! hold the spiral more than a few hours and in Kansas blazing heat it only becomes pouffy floribunda shapes which I'm not!!! fond of, but none is its equal in scent. From bud to open form to the time it drops the petals, you can still smell the fragrance even in the fallen petals!!!!

HRose, also it could be the age of our plants. Only Baby Lincolns seem to immediately display this intense fragrance. Some red roses take awhile, like my Don Juan to build up in fragrance, but even the younger DJ has tons more fragrance than Etoile de H. My good friend Jim's baby own-root from the get-go, gave Jim and Sue immediate fragrance "sneezing" lol! Too fragrant and gave them allergies. haha!I found the babies of Anna de Diesbach and Ferdinand Pichard (both non-red roses) to be far more fragrant than Baby E d. H.

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

have you smelled Erotica the smell is pretty intense i havent compared the fragrances between the two roses but i think they will be the same

• Hrose
    Original Author
    11 years ago

{{gwi:309033}}
    {{gwi:309035}}
    {{gwi:309037}}

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading Kitchen & Bath Remodelers in Franklin County, OH