Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Spring Garden Views

Posted by ingrid_vc Z10 SoCal (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 7, 12 at 14:08

I've already posted some similar pictures on the Antique Rose Gallery but thought I'd visit here for a change. Some of the roses are about five years old and some considerably younger since I keep discarding and adding as I find out which roses do best in my climate. I hope you enjoy the pictures.

Bishop's Castle

Aunt Margy's Rose (Left)

Miss Atwood

Ingrid

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Spring Garden Views

I love the abundance and interesting variety of blooms in your garden, Ingrid. Wonderful colors.

Your Bishop's Castle looks great! It's one of my favorite Austins, love the fragrance.

o

Looking Beautiful, Ingrid!

o

Oh, ingrid, they are looking so nice--and I love the golden daylilies contrasting with the beautiful roses, and the vista. Let's face it--the whole thing is lovely.

Kate

o

Krista, Serena and Kate, thank you very much for the compliments. In spite of the unprecedented amount of disease this spring the roses are soldiering on and providing me with much pleasure.

Ingrid

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 9, 12 at 18:59

I would love to take a walk through your beautiful garden, Ingrid! Those pathways are so inviting!

o

Your Bishops Castle is amazing!!!

o

Thank you seil and JessicaBe. There is some work involved (as you well know) but looking out the windows and seeing the garden or being among the roses is one of the most rewarding things I can imagine.

o

I just love Aunt Margie's Rose. Every time I see one of your photos of it I go out into my yard and try to find a place to put it. Thanks Ingrid.
Renee

o

Beautiful garden!!! I especially like the Bishop's Castle. :)

o

Stunningly beautiful.

o

Darn, each time this post resurfaces, I'm hoping for more gorgeous peeks of the Garden, Ingrid. Hint, hint, hint, it's time to bring out that camera!

o

Wow!!! How in the world can your Bishop's Castle look so fantastic!!!! Sheer heaven - lovely, lovely garden - everything looks so balanced.
Carol

o

Thank you so much Renee, MaryDanielle, Paul, Serena and Carol. It's such a pleasure to know that you like my garden. Not many people see it since I live way out in the country and even the few neighbors are too far away to see it.

I've discovered that Bishop's Castle likes to be pruned down fairly low between bloom cycles. That seems to keep it short and upright. It has such a delightful fragrance too.

Renee, since Aunt Margy's Rose is a polyantha it might not grow too large if you don't grow it against a wall. I had no idea it would ever reach almost six feet!

Ingrid

o

Ingrid please tell me how long did it take your Aunt Margy's rose to get to 6 ft and also what support do you have to hold it up against your wall ? I know this is an old thread but I hope you will answer, thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here