Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Garden 2014 - Part 1

Posted by bayarea-girl NorCA 9B (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 14:31

I finally have time to upload the rose images that I have taken this year. I'm a beginner at planing roses and thanks to all the great and kind advices from this forum my roses are happy and bloom beautifully. Not all the blooms are perfect but I know they have been trying hard. Thank you everyone for making this possible. All the roses are 3 years or younger. Please enjoy the view - part 1 :)

America (climbing)

Bella'roma

Bewitched

Bishop's Castle

Carding Mill

Diamond Eyes (mini)

Double Delight

Ebb Tide

Elle

Firefighter

Ink Spots

Livin' Easy (left: Ebb Tide, right: Angel Face)

Liv Tyler

Luscious

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Garden 2014 - Part 1

When I viewed these the first time, I just went thru Part 1 and Part 2 and shame on me, I didn't read your comments at the top. For a beginner you are doing a fantastic job. I doubt if anyone's roses look perfect all the time. Yours look great to me!

o

• Posted by hoovb z9 Southern CA (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 20:10

Your roses look great!

o

America looks great! Bewitched should be in the hall of fame. Photographing Carding Mill I noticed the same thing with my pictures. A side view didn't give the exuberance of color of this rose that a head-on shot shows. Your Ebb Tide looks great. How tall? And what a gorgeous bud on Firefighter!!! WOW. And Liv Tyler aka Comtesse de Provence - prettiest pictures I've seen of her. Nice job!

o

• Posted by jim1961 6a Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 21, 14 at 22:01

Be proud cause your doing a fantastic job!

o

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

@iris_gal: My Ebb Tide by itself is typical of its height which is over 2 ft. However it is a 36" standard tree rose so it is like a girl with high heels, it reaches over the top of the fence.

Buying tree roses is one of my follies when I started my garden as a newbie (LOL, I told myself they looked so pretty :) They are double/triple the price of the regular rose bushes and they don't produce as much flowers as their regular ones. Nowadays, unless it's for decorative purposes, I learned my lesson and buy regular rose bushes and this year I graduated as a first-time bare root buyer.

o

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!! Everything looks awesome. Don't cha love our beautiful addiction. Keep sharing!! Judy

o

Tree roses are an excellent effective way to add height to a narrow bed. And give space underneath for planting.
I think your Ebb T. looks great with its color up high!

o

Your roses are lovely. You have created a lush and beautiful garden. I might have to get Ebb Tide. Lelsey

o

Droool!!!! Your roses are stunning!!!!

My favs are:
- Luscious (what a divine color mixture)
- Liv Tyler - UNBELIVABLY BEAUTIFUL - my absolute favorite of your roses. Does it have fragrance - please, please say it has fragrance. GORGEOUS!!!!!
- Firefighter - what a bloom!
- Ebb Tide - what a color - and so many blooms!!
- Bishop's Castle - I've been wanting to get that rose
- Bellaroma - sigh - so beautiful.

Which is your favorite???
Carol

o

@iris_gal: I agree. I planed miniatures under tree roses and love the final look of it.

@lesmc: my Ebb Tide is easy going as Livin' Easy.

@canadian_rose: I like to plan hybrid tea roses for cutting, but along the way, other non-hybrid tea roses convince me that they have a spot in my garden, too.

- Luscious: I agree, its color is beautiful.
- Liv Tyler: it has one of the best fragrances. It is sensitive to powdery mildew in my garden but I think it's worth the trouble :)
- Firefighter: I saw the bloom and I told myself, I need the camera :)
- Bishop's Castle: I just got it this year for its fragrance.
- Bella'roma: I got it bare root this year and I think once it is established, its fragrance will get stronger.

o

LIv Tyler has a wonderful fragrance!!! I have got to get that rose next spring. Oh my goodness!!!!!!
Your roses are beautiful - thanks so much for sharing!!
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here