Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rock-N-Roll Rose

Posted by Melissa77754 SoCal Zone 9 (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 23, 11 at 15:06

My first bloom on the Rock-N-Roll rose bush I purchased this year. Just had to share this beauty :)

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rock-N-Roll Rose

Your RR bloom is beautiful Melissa. I like RR so much that I had to have 3 of them.

Kasie

o

Love it.

o

Thanks Kasie! If the nursery I went to had more than one, I would have bought more too. It's so pretty! This was the last one he had and I didn't have much hope for it. But it went in the ground and started taking off nicely, it had no leaves when I bought it two months ago!

Thx inga007 :)

o

Well now you've done it now I'm going to have to see if I can find me one. It is such a Beauitful rose, thanks for sharing.
Harold

o

Look how much the color has changed just overnight! LOVE it!

Photobucket

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 Central Pa (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 16:35

Very Nice!

o

Very pretty. This is one of my favorites. I's always different.

o

• Posted by seil z6 MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Jun 26, 11 at 19:29

Love those stripes!

o

Very nice Melissa!

o

Wow - that is pretty!! I love the change in color too. Would love to see more blooms as they come.

CArol

o

So any newer opinions of this rose? I bought it today at Raft Island roses..just wondering

o

Oh, how pretty! I just bought this rose yesterday, will plant tomorrow! Very excited about it since I love the stripey roses :)

o

Nice!

o

Just wanted to say that this rose is way prettier than Sentimental. It's hard to decide on a rose without seeing it in person. I was never impressed with this rose in photos but when I saw it in person I was pleased.

o

I now have Rock & Roll. Is it the same rose as Rock-N-Roll?? Looks the same - especially the color change.

I love Rock & Roll. Pretty early for me to tell how good it is.

Your pictures are sooooo pretty. Sounds like you have enabled quite a few of us!!

Carol

o

Beautiful!

o

• Posted by sk28 none (My Page) on
    Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 17:56

HI I bought this Rose, but I have not been able to plant it out side. when i tried putting it in full sun, it almost died! Its been living in the house with me all winter, here in Colorado, in my window.
The Colorado sun is very intense, I was just wondering how much sun yours likes to have?

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 11:23

Really lovely, Melissa! It's always so exciting to see that first bloom on a new rose. Especially if it's one you had concerns about going in!

o

sk28, mine is in full sun in very hot Utah weather and it did fine through the summer. I hope it pulls through the winter, though. Last year was it's first year. Here's a photo of it, I loved it :)

This post was edited by gr8heather on Tue, Mar 5, 13 at 12:40

o

All these pictures are nice. This rose does well for me. I would actually like to have 1 or 2 more because it does well. It also can have quite showable flowers, and it also is fragrant. Can't beat that with a stick.

o

Wow, Thats a gorgeous rose.sooo pretty.

Jean

o

• Posted by alameda 8 - East Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Mar 16, 13 at 17:14

Beautiful rose! I have Julio Iglesias on order - I had one some years ago and recall the wonderful scent. Wonder if it will be as pretty as Rock N Roll? Does RNR have fragrance?

o

WOW. This is a beautiful rose. Must get one.!!!!!

o

I have Scentimental and thought how much alike these two roses are--very unusual and interesting.

o

t sure is a beauty, Every picture is gorgeous. seems to be a winner.

Jean

o

It has a very nice scent. Mine did well during the winter, except for one section that broke off from the heavy snow :(. We got more snow this year than I have ever seen. It is starting to leaf out now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here