Rock and Roll

Ruby Ruby (mini)

Scarlet Knight

Scepter'd Isle (very photogenic)

St. Patrick

Sunsprite

Unknow red (no fragrance)

Veterans' Honor

Whimsy (mini, beatiful, lovely fragrance, disease resistance, bloom continuously)

William Shakespeare 2000

Comments (17)

• sara_ann-z6bok
    9 years ago

Bayarea-girl - I've enjoyed very much, Parts 1 & 2 of your garden. Your roses are gorgeous. I love all of your Austins, they look great. Your floribundas all look so pretty. I am almost blown away by your Sunsprite, I love mine, but yours is just fantastic. I can't remember everything, but love your Firefighter, Pope John Paul II, Rock 'N Roll, Neil Diamond, Ink Spots, Bewitched and Scarlet Knight is lovely, I always forget about it, but yours makes me want to look into it. Everything looks beautiful and so healthy. Thanks for sharing.

• dublinbay z6 (KS)
    9 years ago

Bayarea-girl--give yourself a big pat on the back! You've done marvelously well and your roses are looking wonderful. Thank you for letting us share in their beauty.

Kate

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Wonderful rose pictures. What camera/phone do you use? I suspect you'd do a fantastic job with any camera.

Neil Diamond is going on my list. I love how you captured the butter yellow capability of St. Patrick as well as the usual shade he is most of the time (here). Particularly like the 2nd shot of Scepter'd Isle with 6 blossoms at different stages. And the next one with that cute bud resting atop its neighbor. So beautiful.

• barb_r
    9 years ago

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing!

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

@iris_gal: I am using the Canon DSLR T5i and like it a lot. Its digital viewer is a touch screen so it is very user friendly.

This post was edited by bayarea-girl on Sun, Jun 22, 14 at 3:49

• ken-n.ga.mts
    9 years ago

Your garden looks really great. Keep up the good work. Don't forget, "if it aint broke, don't try to fix it".

• Prettypetals_GA_7-8
    9 years ago

Soooooo stinkin pretty!! Girl you do good!! Love them!! Judy

• sweetvenge
    9 years ago

All your roses look fabulous

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Thanks for the camera info Bayarea. I'll check it out.

• iris_gal
    9 years ago

Oops, see the lemony yellow rose is Sunsprite, not St Patrick in a different color stage. Sorry.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Oh come on!!!! Those are just TOO beautiful!!!

Memorial Day is stunning!!! And one of the blooms has stripes??? That's amazing! Do you have a sport??

Neil Diamond is gorgeous!!!! Please say it has fabulous scent!!! I want it!!! Oh my goodness!!!!

Peter Mayle is lovely - mine gets about 4 1/2 feet in it's pot - how big does yours get?

Love your Pope John Paul II - such a lot of flowers - I'd love to take a whiff of those!!

Your Rock & Roll is wonderful - what a great rose!

William Shakespeare 2000 looks great - the stems are strong enough to hold up the blooms. Wow!
    Carol - in love with your roses!!

• bayarea_girl_z10a_ca
    Original Author
    9 years ago

@iris_gal: no worries :)

@canadian_rose: I'm glad you enjoy the roses.
    - Memorial Day: I just learned about rose sports recently and when I saw the bloom, I told myself, it looks cool :)

- Neil Diamond: its fragrance matches its beauty.

- Peter Mayle: One of my favorite cut flowers (look, form and love the fragrance). It gets over 5 feet. Its outer edge petals get burned when the sun gets too hot but since it's a cut flower, I can always cut it before the sun gets to it.

• seegaye
    9 years ago

And here I thought I was gonna be content doing hummingbird and butterfly plantings!! After viewing your gallery, I now need roses! ;). Stunning - thank you for sharing!

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    9 years ago

Ridiculous. Just ridiculous. I hope you know that your pictures are VERY enabling! ;)

I really enjoyed looking at your beautiful garden, and hope you keep posting.

• canadian_rose
    9 years ago

Awesome fragrance too!!!! I've GOT to get Neil Diamond. I mean, I love his music, might as well love the fantastic rose too. Wow!!!
    Carol

• Faye57
    9 years ago

Your roses are just beautiful!

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting