Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Carla........................Clematis

Posted by boxofrox z8 PNW (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 15:16

I went out and took these two shots and looked at the tags. The first is named 'Piilu' and it's like a flower within a flower. The second is 'Ruutel'.

Piilu

'Piilu'  clematis

Ruutel

'Ruutel' clematis

I have another one that is just forming that I can't remember what it is but the bud is as big as a golf ball, as soon as it pops, I'll post a pic to this thread.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Carla........................Clematis

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 centrl pa (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 7, 10 at 20:04

That's really neat Boxofrox! Be waiting for the other pic.

o

Piilu almost made my heart stop. The colors blending together and the overall shape of this bloom are superb.

Ingrid

o

Jim, here's the start of it. I think I remember it from, last year but I think I'll wait till it blooms to make sure :-)

Clematis

Ingrid, I'm so glad I could give you a flutter :-)
I'll get some more pics soon as it's with White Eden and Hot Cocoa and they are almost ready.

o

Totally cool Boxo! The Piilu reminds me of a purple pinwheel the way it's double-stacked! or like a Purple poinsettia...

o
RE: Piilu & Hot Cocoa

Piilu and Hot Cocoa

o

I love the rose and clematis together! Any suggestions for a clem with my Penny lane roses on an arbor?

o

• Posted by jim1961 z 5/6 central pa (My Page) on
    Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 10:11

Yeppers, looks great Boxofrox!

o

Spectacular Boxo! It's wonderful to see the full bush shot of the clematis!

Ummmm, Kristinep, I have Penny Lane and the blooms are way too small to be paired up with a clematis. But I'm sure Boxo can find a fantastic companion for you. Boxo, Penny Lane is only a 2.5" bloom and it's almost pure cream white with a very pale apricot center.

Boxo here is a Penny Lane for you to help Kristine match one of your wonderful companion plants with....Kristine will need a very small flowered companion I would think....

o

Here's a few suggestions...............

Asao
Daniel Deronda
Ernest Markham
Hakuookan
Ville de Lyon

You could go many shades of blue, purple, red, or pink.

If you can't find them just using google, T&L (a local PNW wholesaler) has a great site for reference even if you can't get into the wholesale side. They have tons of clems with reference pics.

o

Wow!! Wow!!! Wow!!! Those are gorgeous!! MMMMMmmmmm.

I have a clematis that I planted last year -it looked like it died pretty soon after I planted it. Never flowered. But this year it has resurrected itself! I threw the tag out since I thought it was dead, so I don't know what the flowers will look like. Doubt they'll look as good as yours though!! Although I did push the zone - so it should be pretty.

I planted another clematis - it looks like it has died. Maybe next year, it will come back too!!!

Sigh - roses and clematis - so romantic looking!

Carol

o

wow Piilu is amazing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here