Return to the Rose Gallery Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
After the rain

Posted by peachymomo Ca 8 (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 26, 13 at 15:18

We got a nice soaking here in the Bay Area, I was just out enjoying how unusually fragrant my roses are in this humid weather and I had to snap a few pics.

Abraham Darby:
 photo abrahamdarby-1.jpg

Molineux:
 photo molineux-2.jpg

Gold Medal:
 photo goldmedal-1.jpg

And a couple of Autumn Sunset:
 photo autumnsunset3.jpg

photo autumnsunset-3.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: After the rain

so pretty! after deep watering this week before leaving town it dawned on me how much prettier roses look when they've had enough to drink. (duh).
it's really a simple thing but for some reason today was the first time i noticed the fragrance, plumpness of the blooms and lots of nice new growth.
thanks for sharing.
Susan

o

• Posted by jim1961 5/6 Central Pa. (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 11:56

Nothing like raindrops on roses in photos! :)

o

• Posted by seil z6b MI (My Page) on
    Thu, Jun 27, 13 at 18:58

All lovely, peachy!

o

Thanks everyone! I have been too busy to get out to take many pics this year, so every one I get that's good is more special to me. After our little rainstorm we've got a heatwave coming, forecast calls for 100 degree temps 4 days in a row. Hopefully the nice soaking will pull the roses though without too much stress...

o

• Posted by beth NorCA 9 (My Page) on
    Fri, Jun 28, 13 at 19:15

Pretty pretty! I especially like AUTUMN SUNSET. And GOLD MEDAL.

o

Oh wow!!! Your Abe is sooooo beautiful!!!
Love all of them.
Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Rose Gallery Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here