Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ksgreenman

Late May and very early June roses

ksgreenman
10 years ago

Here's a few of the roses that have been blooming here in Lawrence, KS the last few days.

Alba Suaveolens

Psyche

Treasure Trail

Rosenprinzessin
{{gwi:283041}}

Sequoia Greenfield
{{gwi:283042}}

Bouquet de Venus, and a Ladybug larvae

Precious Dream

Applejack

Lauren
{{gwi:283030}}

Spanish Rhapsody

Excellenz von Shubert, looking a bit choloritc

The Poet, whose blossoms are about three times larger than they were last year on a new plant growing from a band.

Blessed Child, from a plant I gave away last year that is now planted in a friend's yard.

Perle d'Or
{{gwi:283040}}
{{gwi:283039}}

Julia Child--she may not have opened very early in comparison to others, but last year once she started she didn't take a break until late August.

Reine des Violettes
{{gwi:287427}}

Blue Moon--haven't been able to catch an open bloom that wasn't ruined by rain, so here's a lovely bud.

Paradise

Cabbage Rose--I had always thought the rose that grew in front of our house when I was a child was a Cabbage Rose, but its blooms were larger and much more fragrant (and consistantly so) than this one is, so I'll keep looking

Zeus

Charles Darwin--another of my favorites, and one of the few roses whose petals are not the least bitter tasting, so also one I use in salads.

Katherina Zeimet

Marilyn Monroe

Judy Garland

Good old Duplex, still blooming

The Apothecary's Rose

Cafe

Baby Faurax--I almost got rid of this one last year, thinking Lauren was superior in every way, but one of the cuttings took, and I had been missing the fragrance, the one area it has over Lauren.

Eugenie de Guinoisseau
{{gwi:287428}}

Marie Pavie--I don't know why _some_ people think she's finiky.
{{gwi:283044}}
{{gwi:283045}}

and finally, White Pet joins the long parade of white polyanthas in my yard.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Closet America
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars133 Reviews
Northern Virginia, Baltimore & DC Metro's Closet Organization Company