Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
le_jardin_of_roses

Feeling Luxurious Around The Roses

le_jardin_of_roses
12 years ago

I feel like a queen in my garden. I find it to be an experience of luxury. So I wanted to share a few photos I took recently and express what they mean to me.

In the first two photos, I am showing blooms of Constance Spry. It only blooms for six weeks and it only gives me, so far anyway, 40 blooms a year. It's an enormous shrub, but the flowers are so sumptuous and sensuous that I keep it. I long for the day when it will bloom more abundantly.

About Golden Celebration! I show a bloom cluster in the third photo. It starts a rich butterscotch yellow, but in an antiqued kind of way. The color then gently moves to softer tones of butterscotch, buff and light yellow. And it stays fragrant even in the evening. That is a plus, since I come home in the early evening much of the week.

The next photo is of a stone statue I picked up at a Paris flea market. This little boy is surrounded by Golden Celebration. Lucky guy!

Next photo shows what a crowded jumble of roses my garden is. Really more a generously sized courtyard than a garden. There is not much room left to back up and take a good full picture.

Thanks for looking!

Juliet

Comments (13)

• queenbee_1
    12 years ago

I love Constance Spry! She is so pretty.. Your pictures have made my mind up==been looking at her for a few yrs.. I think I will order her..Thanks for sharing..

• kathy9norcal
    12 years ago

Beautiful photos of beautiful roses. Looks like you have a wonderful garden.

• boxofrox
    12 years ago

So...............

"If I was from Paris
    I would say
    Ooh la la la la la la la "

(Lyrics from "Paris" by Grace Potter and The Nocturnals)

You are such a romantic Juliet and your roses are exquisite !

• canadian_rose
    12 years ago

I love the way you framed and cropped your rose pictures. The pictures are so romantic looking.

A wonderful visual feast. The last picture and the one with the blue boy statue are my favorites. I want those two on a calendar!!!

Thanks!

CArol

• jeffcat
    12 years ago

The color of your GC looks a lot like mine this spring...that "old gold" color. Your GC looks really nice with that contrasting clematis.

• organicgardendreams
    12 years ago

Juliet, your garden is very beautiful! I also love David Austin roses and seeing your amazing Golden Celebration, I am wondering if I need this yellow rose. So far I am growing mostly roses in cool colors like pink, white, violet etc., but lately I catch myself more and more often that I am longing for soft-colored yellow roses and Golden Celebration seems to fit the bill.

Thanks for sharing your lovely garden.

Christina

Here is a link that might be useful: Organic Garden Dreams

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

Indeed, Luxurious and Lush, Juliet! Love the colors!

• le_jardin_of_roses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Queenbee, Kathy, Boxo, Carol, Jeff, Christina and Serena! Thank you all for your kind words.

Queenbee, yes, Constance Spry is such a gorgeous rose. The blooms are big and fragrant. It's like those roses in the paintings done by the Dutch masters. It will probably be even better in your zone, 'cause winter chill will make her bloom better.

Constance Spry, here with a few blooms that were cascading down, like a bracelet.

• lesmc
    12 years ago

You have some beautiful roses there, Juliet. It looks like your entire garden is filled with lovely roses. I know how much works goes into a garden filled with these beauties, so congratulations on your achievement. Thank you for sharing with me. Lesley

• serenasyh
    12 years ago

And don't forget-- pearls, and garnets too, lol! Yeah, with the lovely colors! You got my imagination sparklin' when I relooked back on this thread :D

• le_jardin_of_roses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you Lesley, for your nice comments.

Serena, pearls and garnets sound good to me, to go along with the roses. Don't forget emeralds and pink diamonds too!

Juliet

• ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
    12 years ago

Juliet, it's so lovely to see you posting again and showing us your beautiful flowers. I've really missed you on the antique rose forum and wondered what had happened to make you stop posting.

Your roses are really beautiful and lush, and the statue of the boy seems like a perfect fit for you and your garden.

Ingrid

• le_jardin_of_roses
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you so much, Ingrid! It's always a pleasure to hear from you. Thank you for the compliments on my roses.

I've been doing some traveling and between being busy with work and getting the garden ready for spring, took a break from the site for awhile. Having wonderful people like you here, Ingrid, makes it like coming home.

Juliet